“Definitely, Stay here!”

Ranked #19 of 26 Hotels in Davenport
Minnesota
“Definitely, Stay here!”
Reviewed June 1, 2010

We stayed here a few days ago, after a 10 hour drive from Kentucky and very bad hotel stay there. All we wanted was one nice stay before we had to go home and we got that and then some. My daughter who is nine years old commented at breakfast, "Mom, I think this is the best hotel I've ever stayed at!"

We got there and the staff was very, very nice. The owner was there and gave us such a sweet deal on two adjoining rooms. the place smelt sooooo clean when I walked in and the furniture is out of this world. Big log furniture, like a cabin. The bedspread and room were beautiful and so clean and smelt good. The bed was so comfortable - I slept like a rock. The swimming pool was clean, nice and warm instead of cold and the whirlpool was clean and HOT! which is hard to find.

The breakfast was the best I have ever had! The owner made made-to-order omelets and they were wonderful and the spread had so many choices. It was really great - we didn't eat again until 3:30 p.m. that afternoon!

This is a very nice, clean hotel and well worth the price. We just loved it, so appreciated this place and will definitely stay there again, for sure! Thank you so much for such a great night with my family!!!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Hanover Park, Illinois
Reviewed February 1, 2010

This place is awesome. Inexpensive, beautiful and clean rooms, free large breakfast, pool, and hotub

Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
St. Charles, Illinois
Reviewed October 24, 2008

This hotel works great for our group. Located off interstate near many fine restaraunts. Rooms are clean and just the right size. Staff always treats us very well! Amy is a fantastic manager. Hotel also has a nice lobby and a swimming pool. Price is always very fair as well. This is our first choice when we travel to Quad Cities.

• Liked — Great Value. Very friendly staff
  • Disliked — add more rooms. We love this hotel!
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends
West Des Moines, IA
Reviewed July 31, 2008

We stayed one night at the Americinn. It was a very well-kept hotel with clean, quiet rooms. Outdoors was another story. The air reeked of what smelled like soybean processing.
The breakfast was typical of hotels. They could have used more seating and another waffle maker. A family of seven monopolized it when we were there.
This is a good value and a place we would stay in again.

• Liked — Clean, quiet room
  • Disliked — Surrounding outdoor environment
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
Sterling Illinois
Reviewed June 8, 2008

First off from the moment that I called to make reservations I really felt welcomed and that the staff were interested in making my stay the best possible. I was booking a room for my wife's birthday and for a romatic getaway, this Hotel was one of the only ones in Davenport that offered at Romatic Getaway package and the cost associated with it was outstanding! Yes the area around the property is not the greatest, however access to and from major roads and interstates is great, and we were not too interested in the outside of the hotel, great lobby very rustic, woodsy theme, and very prompt and courteous front desk staff. I was informed upon our arrival that they had upgraded our room to a two room suite at no cost, and they did not provide an explanation, which made if feel even more special. They really went overboard in the room itself, fresh, REAL rose petals everywhere,and a few items that came with the packaged, I don't want to spoil the suprise for you, and a jacuzzi tub. I had read the package details over the internet but it was way more than I had imagined. Awesome, real log, framed king sized bed and fireplace really added asthetic value to our stay. Breakfast was good and the entire time staff continued to aske if there was anything that could make it better. There was an industrial factory outside of our window, but we did not encouter any noise or odor problems through our entire stay. Overall a very great place to stay and feel welcomed. Loved it from Sterling, Illinois

• Liked — Awsome value for the price we paid.
  • Disliked — The adjacent properties and the view of them from the room.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mikeandjenmcalvey
Matthews, North Carolina
Reviewed June 20, 2007

We stayed 3 nights in June. Large clean room and bathroom. King size bed was comfortable. Employees were friendly and helpful.
Nice continental breakfast. Each morning we made our own waffles and could add butter, jelly or syrup. Other items available were donuts, danish, bagels, white or whole grain bread, yogurt, jelly, cream cheese, peanut butter, bananas, oranges, fruit juice, coffee, toaster. Biscuits and gravy available the Friday we were there but not on Saturday or Sunday.

• Liked — cleanliness, continental breakfast, pool
  • Disliked — truck noise from the business site next door (not enough traffic or noise to really complain about but the question is here and this is the only negative)
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank trvlg4ever
Chicago, IL
Reviewed April 8, 2007

The best feature of this place is the swimming area, which is a large, cathedral-ceiling roomed with wood beams and roof. It has a typical hotel-sized swimming pool (fine for splashing around, not for serious swimming), a hot tub, and a room with a treadmill and stationary bike.

The lobby has a lodge feel to it, wit a large stone fireplace on one side and the rusticated kitchen area on the other.

The breakfast is a pretty typcial self-serve breakfast. Do it yourself waffle maker, a couple kinds of cereal, yogurt, donuts, not very good bagels, juice, milk and a fruit basket. I've seen larger selection at some other places, and I've seen worse. This is average.

The furniture in the room is cheap motel. The long, low dresser that has the TV on it appears to have 4 drawers, but it really has only 2 because the bottom 2 are nothing but false fronts. There is no closet or amroire. Just a 3 foot clothes bar stuck on the wall with the sort of hangers that discourage hanger theft.

The bathroom again is cheap motel. Inexpensive single-piece fiberglas tub. There wasn't even a spare role of toilet paper, but that may have just been an oversight.

The beds were on the hard side, and I didn't find them very comfortable.

The chain's claim to fame is that their rooms are very quiet and you won't hear your neighbors. I didn't hear anyone else, so that seems true.

The place offers wireless internet. Signal strength wasn't great, but it worked.

I was glad my wife didn't come on this trip, because right behind the hotel is a large factory with smokestacks belching steam or something. She would have been very dismayed to see it. Our room faced the front of the hotel, so we didn't see it except when driving to or from the hotel. FYI, it is the factory of PB Leiner, which "produces porcine gelatin and a full range of porcine hydrolysates." I don't know if it was responsible for the unpleasant oder outside (but not evident inside) the hotel one afternoon, or if that was from something else.

This area, by the way, has a large number of cheap motels mixed in with light (and occasionally heavy) industry. Not a beauty spot.

An irritant for this hotel is that they charge $1/day for the safe in the room. You can have the charge removed at checkout, but I think they count on people not doing so. When you check out, they don't show you the bill, but ask, "do you want to leave it on your credit card?" Normally you say yes, and only as you are walking away from the desk (or in the car driving away) do you see the charge on your statement. If you are like me, you are annoyed at being snookered, but it is not worth going back to the desk for $2.

Overall, I would say that for $72/night for a room with 2 double beds, it was a bit overpriced. If it wasn't for the nice pool area, I would have been quite annoyed. If I was staying in the area again, I would look into hotels along interstate 74 because it is less industrial and a bit closer to downtown.

• Liked — The pool
  • Disliked — Cheap room furniture
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family