“AVOID THIS "HOTEL"!!”

Ranked #20 of 26 Hotels in Davenport
Des Moines, Iowa
“AVOID THIS "HOTEL"!!”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Please avoid this garbage of a building they are trying to pass off as a hotel! My boyfriend and I stayed in what they call a "suite" - filthy, filthy, filthy! Stains all over the place (I had to put a towel down before I sat anywhere because I was scared of what I could possibly be sitting in!). The jaccuzzi had hair in it and the mirrors above it had brown stains smeared across them. We heard random beeping throughout the night and were woken up by a series of beeps, thinking it was the fire alarm - nope, it was the microwave beeping 666 over and over again. We got the heck out of there after that, but the fun didn't end there. After we got home, I checked my bank account and they had taken $100 out of my account, (on top of the $100+ fee for the room) without my knowledge. I called the hotel and they said it was a fee for smoking in our room, yet neither of us smoke. I asked to talk to the manager, but, of course, she couldn't be reached. I never received a refund and needless to say, we will NEVER step foot in that dump again. They provide sub-par living conditions and delight in stealing your money - they need to be shut down.

Room Tip: Don't book a "suite" - absolutely nothing special about it other than it has 2 tubs an...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JBear89

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed May 7, 2014

My daughter and I checked in on Fri 5/2/2014 at check-in time to stay for 3 nights. Made reservation a month ago to go to our graduation services. Good location, Cracker Barrel within walking distance. Quite close to I 80 and down the road (service road) from a very nice restaurant, the Thunder Bay Grill (a great place to eat). Our room started with beds made, 2 towels. We had to ask for more, which was brought to us. The price quoted to us was not the price they wanted to charge us. This was fixed. Breakfast was not good, everything was still frozen. The two ladies we encounter was ok until they again mess with the money issue. Sunday clerk called me in the morning to ask what time will I check out today. I explained to her that this is a 3 night stay. Other clerk only put in two (maybe). Other problem, housekeeping, look like the played catch with the bed or took a nap in them. When I checked out they could not print me a bill for the previous charge to see what was charged to mine card. I was overcharged, had to make a couple of nice calls, it was fixed. To make this short for now I will not recommend or stay here again. Don’t let the pictures fool you. Stay Away. Ask a lot of questions, mainly about pricing, get the name of the person you speak with so that you can refer to your conversation with them, I glad I did that. After training they may become better.

Room Tip: Ask a lot of questions, mainly about pricing, get the name of the person you speak with so that you...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank D B
Brush Prairie, Washington
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Clean,spacious,very well appointed. Great rates. Friendly staff. Need we say more. Quite close to I 80 and down the road (service road) from a very nice restaurant, the Thunder Bay Grill. Don't miss either this motel or that place to eat.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank EclecticAero
Pottstown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 21, 2014

From outside place looked great. Room was pretty comfortable and generally clean. I would say average is a good rating for this place. Breakfast was terrible and breakfast area dirty. We ended up going across street to Cracker Barrel. Desk clerk at night was great but guy in morning was miserable and seemed to have trouble with English if you know what I mean. I would try other hotels at this exit in future, however in a pinch I would stay again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank scottJ181
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

We just left this hotel traveling through on a cross country journey. We checked in late, 11 pm. The desk attendant was friendly and accommodating. The lobby was very pretty and clean. My husband had forgotten to tell him about our dog. When I told him after we had paid, he assured us it was not a problem. Our room was large and clean. The bed was comfortable. As in previous reviews, we did not have towels, but when asked they were immediately provided. The breakfast was standard fare but the sausage gravy was excellent. Overall it was a very nice experience. I would stay there again.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed April 8, 2014

I usually enjoy staying at the Crossings properties, but this one is in rough shape. The whirlpool appears to be permanently closed, the pool was filthy, had to ask each time for a towl. The bathrooms were not maintained. One of our rooms was missing the telephone. No HBO, even though the guide was present. Breakfast was minimal, but they ran out of plates. This property really needs some TLC.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Doug M

Travelers are raving about these Davenport hotels

Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

Value was good. Very attractive when u walk in. The room was a different story. It was dirty. There was a dirty towel in the little frig and it wasnt working. There were no towels in the room. The toilet was not clean nor the tub. The staff was friendly and attentive. I saw people cleaning the lobby when we checked out wished they did that to the rooms. Ran out of orange juice and fruit at breakfast. Not sure I would stay again.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank terimoose
crossingsdavenport, Manager at Super 8 Davenport, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences your experienced during your stay. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments so we can continually improve our services.

Regards,