“Just ok”

Ranked #20 of 26 Hotels in Davenport
Pottstown, Pennsylvania
“Just ok”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

From outside place looked great. Room was pretty comfortable and generally clean. I would say average is a good rating for this place. Breakfast was terrible and breakfast area dirty. We ended up going across street to Cracker Barrel. Desk clerk at night was great but guy in morning was miserable and seemed to have trouble with English if you know what I mean. I would try other hotels at this exit in future, however in a pinch I would stay again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank scottJ181

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

We just left this hotel traveling through on a cross country journey. We checked in late, 11 pm. The desk attendant was friendly and accommodating. The lobby was very pretty and clean. My husband had forgotten to tell him about our dog. When I told him after we had paid, he assured us it was not a problem. Our room was large and clean. The bed was comfortable. As in previous reviews, we did not have towels, but when asked they were immediately provided. The breakfast was standard fare but the sausage gravy was excellent. Overall it was a very nice experience. I would stay there again.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed April 8, 2014

I usually enjoy staying at the Crossings properties, but this one is in rough shape. The whirlpool appears to be permanently closed, the pool was filthy, had to ask each time for a towl. The bathrooms were not maintained. One of our rooms was missing the telephone. No HBO, even though the guide was present. Breakfast was minimal, but they ran out of plates. This property really needs some TLC.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Doug M

Travelers are raving about these Davenport hotels

Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

Value was good. Very attractive when u walk in. The room was a different story. It was dirty. There was a dirty towel in the little frig and it wasnt working. There were no towels in the room. The toilet was not clean nor the tub. The staff was friendly and attentive. I saw people cleaning the lobby when we checked out wished they did that to the rooms. Ran out of orange juice and fruit at breakfast. Not sure I would stay again.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank terimoose
crossingsdavenport, Manager at Super 8 Davenport, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences your experienced during your stay. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments so we can continually improve our services.

Regards,

Management
Davenport, Iowa
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We had stayed at this property when it was part of a different national hotel chain. We came back because the rooms were quiet and the amenities (previously) were comfortable. That is no longer the case. The pool area was so cold the hotel ended up closing it down while we were there. Breakfast was very bare bones. And the rooms, furnishings, and common areas just felt kind of run down. The staff was very friendly... but it wasn't enough to convince me to return. We'll look elsewhere next time.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank luckyjen07
Davenport, Iowa
Reviewed March 1, 2014

My daughter and I have used this hotel in the past for family pool parties for birthdays and had chosen to do this again for my granddaughters 12th birthday. We called the hotel 3 weeks in advance and my daughter even made a trip there to make sure it was reserved and that accommodations had not changed from the past. In the past it has always been a very pleasurable experience. This time was a nightmare. My daughter decided to call the morning of the date reserved only to be told that the accommodations were listed for another party. Their suggestion was that we find another place to have our function. Now, we have quests coming from out of town to join us along with 12 other people and we are suppose to find someplace else to have it, in less than 3 hours. This happened due to double booking and was a mistake on their part. So the person at the desk said to come ahead and we could set up in the pool area. So we did. Our guests were arriving and a gentleman who said he was the owner said in a very rude voice that we had to move the party elsewhere because food was not allowed in the pool area. Well that is fine but just where are we suppose to go with our guests and all the food that they had authorized to have. He was very, very rude and then just walked away.....Well to make a very bad experience worse he kept telling us we had to discuss this further with the desk person. I said to him that he was the owner he should be able to accommodate us in some way since it was there fault.
He walked away and brushed us off completely. We did have the function but it was not the accommodations we paid for. We had to ask for paper towels for the bathroom and toilet paper as there was none. If they can't treat small functions, how are they going to treat guests that are actually staying there. I have worked with the public and trained people for customer service, and he handled this very badly. I told him I would make sure that anyone I know would not be staying and that they would pass on the bad service award for him. We did not stay overnight this particular time but have in the past.
As for the other party, they arrived and we had hurried our party along so they could use the accommodations for which they had paid. They were not happy either, obviously. Had we not solved the problem by cutting our time short they would not have had anywhere to have their party either. All I can say is we will not be using this place of business again. You shouldn't either.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Sandra D
LOVES PARK
Reviewed January 23, 2014

The weekend of December 7th was my wife's birthday and we went to Davenport to see my daughter in a college musical performance. My daughter the night before had rolled her ankle and when we were booking a hotel we needed a hot tub for her to soak her ankle and my wife wanted one so she could have a relaxing time for her special day. When we booked the room the person said they had a hot tub and when we arrived there we found that it was not in service. Very disappointed we went and approached the manager and explained our situation and were about to leave and find another hotel. The manager apologized and said she could put us in a room with a whirlpool in it at no extra charge. Our room was a 2 room suite that was very nice and clean. The whirlpool was also very nice. This is an exceptional showing of great customer service!!! (something you don't see alot of anymore) We thoroughly enjoyed the whirlpool and out time here. The breakfast was also nice. For the price of the room you can't beat the free continental breakfast that also included waffles and biscuits and gravy. It was a lot cheaper and more convenient than going out to a sit down or going through a drive thru. All in all for the price this hotel is a great place to stay. Would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family