Super 8 Davenport
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Quad City Inn(Davenport)
Residence Inn Davenport(Davenport)
View Hotel
All reviewscracker barrelthunder bay grillneeded a place to staygreat raterooms were very cleannice roomfireplaceabbyodor
FilterAll languages
A TripAdvisor Member
Dubuque, Iowa
Reviewed December 16, 2013

My room smelled terribly of smoke, the pool area was freezing and the pool itself wasn't heated very well the breakfast was terrible. We couldn't swim cause they kept the room so cold the vents were blowing cold air we asked if they could turn the heat up and they said they couldn't and didn't know how will never stay at this hotel again

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Dirty, not maintained. Owners lazy and treating this as their private residence. Male owner too lazy to shovel snow or move HIS car from the front door drive through parking space. Daughter using business center and computer as her personal study space. We paid a cancellation fee just to get out of there. Gross!!

Room Tip: Clean and improve everything! And if this would allow that statement would be in all caps, because it was disgusting.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jackie N
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Booked this hotel well in advance. Because of a family emergency we can no longer go. Tried to cancel our reservation. 2 weeks before the date. They would not cancel it. I don't even know if this is legal. Wish I would have read all the bad reviews before booking this place. I quess live and learn. If you feel like getting treated like dirt go to this place.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank carol h
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I was looking for an inexpensive place to grab about six hours of sleep and decided to give this a hotel a try. Although it's located close to the freeway, you need to go a few blocks past it and then double back on the frontage road. I arrived about midnight and the lobby door was locked, but promptly opened by the night clerk. I like that level of security, especially when there's only one staff person on duty. I wish more hotels would do the same.

This appears to be a former AmericInn that got re-branded into a Crossings. It has a nice Lodge like lobby and breakfast area with access to the pool. Although I didn't use it the pool area looked pretty nice.

When I entered the room I couldn't get all of the lights to turn on. For some reason some of them had been unplugged and I had to move the nightstand and some other furniture to plug them back in. I'm not sure how housekeeping missed that. Once the lights came on, the room was of a decent size and acceptably clean.

Breakfast was the typical make your own waffle, cereal, muffin and juice assortment but everything was nice and clean and a good value for the price of the room. The front desk attendant did a very nice job of keeping the breakfast area refreshed and dealing with departing guests.

Other than the weird thing with the lights in the room, this was a good stay and I would probably stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank mobile_concierge
Reviewed October 26, 2013

We stayed on a Saturday night during a cross country father-son trip. I confess to having some concerns after reading recent reviews for this property, but terrific pricing brought out my adventurous side. Check-in was welcoming and speedy. The facility offers a lodge-like feel, a sizable indoor pool, and an abundant breakfast. Our room was spacious, clean, and well appointed. We were delighted with our accommodation, and had a restful and quiet night after a thousand miles were behind us. I would also recommend walking the municipal trails downtown that run alongside the Mississippi River. Finally, there are a full range of dining options within a ten minute drive.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family