“Disgusting”
Review of Super 8 Davenport

Super 8 Davenport
Ranked #20 of 26 Hotels in Davenport
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Checked in at 4pm left by 8pm. Ants everywhere in the room-no towels-dirty carpet-stained dirty box springs showing looked like they were still setting the room up. Customer service is non existent-no towels for the pool-desk clerks were more interested in their friends than helping. Bugs in the bathroom. What a huge disappointment for my grandsons birthday-finally got to swim for a bit after the HUGE birthday party of kids without parental guidance finally left. Had to pay extra for pool passes-but dont try to get a towel while in the pool. Cost me 84.00 and I WILL BE GETTING MY MONEY BACK!!! Stay away........

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Super 8 Davenport

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Upon check in, I should have known better than to stay in this place. I had to initial that I would not have any unregistered guests after 11pm. Does this place have a prostitution problem? Or is the owner trying to protect my moral integrity? Either way, that was the first indicator that there was something really wrong with this place.

When I walked into the room, there was one bar of soap! So they are worried about keeping my morals clean but not my hands after I go to the bathroom? I had to use my own bar of soap by the sink. This did not change the entire three night stay...after the room was cleaned, no new soap or shampoo, I had to go to the front desk to ask for more. At the front desk, they gave me a huge bottle of shampoo, why not do that at the start of my stay?

The room was really dirty around the edges, you could tell exactly where the vacuum cleaner could not reach and the whole place had a really creepy atmosphere. The front lobby is the best looking part of this place, it's hard to believe it's really attached to the same dirty place.

I have a rewards card with this hotel chain and the staff when checking in and checking out had no idea what I was talking about. If you have a Grand Returns card, don't bother going to this place because they will color the stamp with a highlighter because they don't have an ink pad and if you fill a card they have no idea how to get another one. My card had 2 open spaces and I stayed three nights, so I lost one reward because of the incompetence of them all.

The breakfast was so bad. Biscuits and gravy, and waffles and jelly. Who eats waffles with jelly? I had to go out to eat all three days because there was no protein and just junk to eat.

I would avoid this place entirely; I've already told GrandStay corporate that they should dump this location from their franchise. If you've ever stayed at a GrandStay before, you will be very disappointed by this location.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Thaber
Reviewed March 5, 2013

We booked a King room on expedia and arrived after 9pm. We were told that the only King room available did not have power to the light above the vanity. There was a young man who was trying to accomodate us but the other gal, Ashley was very rude. She hesitantly " upgraded" us to a two room suite but when we got there the smoke detector was hanging off the wall and beeping. When we complained she acted as if we were burdening her. There were bugs flying around and the rooms we saw were filthy. We ended up leaving but had to spend 30 min on the phone with expedia so we wouldn't be charged. This place s a dump and Ashley is one of the rudest hotel clerks I have EVER encountered. Do not stay here!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank CKGinIA
Reviewed February 27, 2013

There was very little on the breakfast.. No fruit.. stale bagels and bread.. Did have gravy & biscuits.. and the morning girls were helpful.. There were bugs in the room and in the breakfast area..But after checking out.. we found charges to our credit card of over $200 together that were not part of our stay. We called to ask about them and the manager, Ashley was very belligerent and nasty. she denied that we had any charges and implied we were trying to get out of paying..We called the credit card company.. Needless to say we got the money back.. after being disadvantaged by having that amount of money frozen until we got it resolved..At this time even though the money has been replaced in our account we still havenot gotten even an acknowledgement that they made a mistake, much less an apology..Would not stay here, even if there was no place left to stay.. would rather sleep in car..(btw can prove this)

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank LeVa C
Reviewed February 9, 2013

and more. When I arrived at the property, they were just finished installing the new flat screen TV's. They were actually selling the old ones for $25 and the old bedspreads for $5. While I did skip those two bargains, I did enjoy the lobby. It really looks and feels like a ski resort, with a big fire place, big leather couches, and a view outside. The slope of the roof reinforced the feel and the whole effect was great. The rooms were also very clean and recently redecorated. The young lady who was at the desk on 01/17/2013 was very polite and efficient. The pool was open when I arrived and looked nice and clean. In the middle of the winter it also looked warm!

A Cracker Barrel restaurant is located immediately across the street and that made things seem even more "homey". A continental breakfast was offered and looked pretty good. The coffee was good and the young man on the early shift on 01/18/2013 made sure I had a cover for my "to go" coffee cup.

In all, this is just about the greatest experience I have ever had staying in this kind of property. I will definitely seek out GrandStay Inn & Suites in the future.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Straight for 50 bucks can't beat it anywhere in town it's clean awesome pillows decent beds Flat screens in room wit Hdmi hookup. Awesome awesome restaurant next door called cracker barrel. Lobbys super cool looking kind of an old cabin look Bathrooms clean with nice tiles. Carpet 4/5. Vents in bathroom so bathroom wont stink up easy lol

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I live in town and booked a room with 2 queen beds, so I could take my 11 y/o daughter and 8 y/o son swimming, for a winter time activity get away. The room was clean and presentable and very affordable, $47.96 for the night plus taxes of $5.76. The continental breakfast worked out well, my son loves biscuits and gravy and my daughter loves waffles, she had the choice of regular or chocolate waffles. Cereal, doughnuts, muffins, milk, apple or orange juice were also offered, the staff happily replenished items as needed. If that wasn't your idea of breakfast, there is a Cracker Barrel restaurant just a stones throw away. Our room was on the first floor and we still had a very quiet stay even with a boys sports team in the rooms next to us. The free wi-fi in the rooms worked well, could have used a few more electrical outlets for the kids to charge their electronics, but was not a problem. The hot tub area was closed off due to repairs, a working hot tub would have been the only thing that I could see to make our stay any more pleasant. The kids enjoyed the pool. The staff at the front desk was great, very friendly and sociable. Samantha (Sam) checked us in, and it was like seeing an old friend again, to our surprise she worked the following day as well and was the friendly face that greeted us the next morning as the kids and I came down to breakfast. A lot of value for the price. Over all we had a very nice stay and would stay again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family