“Most unusual ambience”

Ranked #12 of 297 Restaurants in Davenport
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: The See-and-be-seen Scene at Bix Bistro and LoungeRelax in the contemporary setting of Bix Bistro, on the first floor of the hotel, offering great food prepared simply and freshly. Accompanied by a side of outstanding service and topped off with a varied beer, wine and spirits menu. Enjoy live music, appetizers and cocktails at Bix Lounge, a perfect retreat after a day of meetings or sightseeing.
Sydney, Australia
“Most unusual ambience”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

We went as a family group of 5 for Sunday brunch and were very impressed with the deal overall. The band playing traditional jazz was a great hit and the restored Hotel Blackhawk is beautiful and gives a feeling of what it was like in Davenport a century ago. The buffet was quite good with a many different stations. Most of the food was excellent, but I didn't like the toughness of the roast pork I chose and I missed any apple sauce! Other dishes I tried were the beef stroganoff (delicious), eggs benedict (bland but the egg was cooked to perfection), mimosas and bloody Marys and olives, hash browns etc. My wife especially liked the whole salmon on offer. Desserts were great and overall It was a wonderful occasion and I must also say the service was superb.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank dnwjames

Chicago
“Poor service”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We have twice visited this restaurant and both times have been left with the feeling that our money was not good enough. AVOID.

For a more in depth review see my latest review on Hotel Blackhawk.

Visited December 2012
Lexington, Kentucky
“Over rated!”
Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

It was basically Applebee's food with a fancy price tag. Martini's were good,but expensive. Would not return to this restaurant.

1 Thank LexingtonKristi14
Chicago, Illinois
“Below average”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

No matter how much I want to like this place, it always disappoints.
What should have been a beautiful atmosphere for Easter brunch was ruined by tables placed in the hall, ill-fitting tablecloths and a surly cashier seated right at the door. The mimosas were watered down, the coffee cold, and the food was terrible. We later discovered that we had been overcharged.
Decided to try again with dinner in the restaurant. Asked for a recommendation from our waiter and was told they are known for their pork chops. It was the toughest pork chop I have ever had. Much to my embarrassment, my plate moved all over the table as I attempted to saw away on it. Service was equally as bad. One member of the wait staff was sent out three times with a bread basket for our table, each time looking puzzled as she delivered it to tables that already had bread.
We had hoped it would improve with time, but that does not seem to be the case.

• Visited August 2012
Des Moines, Iowa
“Friendly Staff and Good Coffee”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

We statyed at the Hotel Blackhawk so stopped in to get a couple lattes and light snacks. Prices were reasonable and the lattes were good. The beignet's were ok. We've had them in NOLA so I guess it isn't fair to compare. Overall it was a nice place.

Visited November 2012