“A good hotel at which to stay.”
Review of Motel 6 Davenport

Motel 6 Davenport
Motel 6 Davenport
Ranked #21 of 26 Hotels in Davenport
Reviewed March 4, 2009

This was a very pleasant hotel at which to stay. The service was excellent and the room was very clean and comfortable. I would gladly stay there again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Davenport

Reviewed January 3, 2008

My husband and I stayed here for one night on our Christmas vacation. It was not the cheapest hotel in the area, and it listed that they had a pool on their sign. So it seemed that it would be at least a step above the Motel 6 across the street. Their pool was not working, nor was the wireless internet. The walls, sheets, comforter, and mattresses were stained. Even the table in the room had a large stain across it. The heater was very, very loud, and whenever it turned on in the middle of the night it woke me and my husband up. There were people outside in the parking lot behind the hotel during all hours, talking to each other at three and four in the morning. I later learned it's a common area for drug transactions to take place, and police are often called to that area. All night I slept uncomfortably with the noise and the obvious uncleanliness of the room. To make matters worse, the night before and in the morning the parking lot was unplowed and covered in a thick layer of snow.

In the morning my husband complained to the person working the desk, but as she was just a teenager she said we'd have to call later to speak to a manager. Considering the pool has been broken since at least August (according to other reviewers) and there have been other ongoing problems, I sincerely doubt any complaint of mine would cause them to clean up their acts and their rooms.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Spikeandjezebel
Reviewed August 2, 2007

I stayed there for one night. The room was very inexpensive, just over $40.00 so I wasn't expecting much and thats what I got. When I arrived I was told the pool was closed because it was broken, not a big issue since I wouldn't have used it anyway. But then i discovered that their free internet service wasn't working either. I had a room on first floor on the far wast end of the building. The fire door in the hallway that led to the second floor was badly damaged and would not close all the way and every time someone went through it you would hear a loud banging noise. As for the room, the carpeting was stained, the wallpaper was cracked and pealing and the sink in the vanity was nearly plugged and drained very slowly.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank wi_aviator
Reviewed July 7, 2007

My husband and I stayed here for 1 night on our way to chicago. The room was very cheap $44 a night. I did not have very high expectations because we were only staying for one night and wanted somewhere cheap. I did not feel very comfortable here. It did not seem very clean at all. The dead bolt lock did not work because it looked like it had been broken off at some point which was a little scary. There were 2 ice machines that were both out of order. There was a washer and dryer which I would never have used but both also had an out of order sign on them. The pool looked a little scary too. It is near a cracker barrell restaurant which we ate at that was nice.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 6, 2007

We just stayed there for our sons wedding. We booked the rooms in November and was told it was to be remolded and an elevator put in. So we didn't make floor request for any of the 16 rooms we booked. We got there and nothing had been done. My elderly and handicapped parents were in a room on the second floor. We made them move it to a first floor but they didn't do it right on the computer and then checked someone else into the room at 10pm. Also we rented two different nieces rooms with two beds, because they had children and found out on Sunday moring that both ended up in rooms with 1 bed. Their kids had to sleep on the floor because this hotel has no roll aways or cribs. I didn not rent rooms so their kids could sleep on the floor and I got no compensation for it either. Another set of friends check in and their room was so dirty they asked for another. But the hotel was full so they went to another hotel across the street. How embarrassing!! They probably think we slum it when we travel. My advise DONT stay there.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank WestBendIaSweetiepie
Reviewed March 14, 2005

Nice, small, clean, quite hotel. We stay here every time we go to Davenport. It is very easy to get to off the interstate. You can't beat the price.

3  Thank sandandshe11s
Reviewed February 7, 2005

I stayed a night, figured since you had no reviews, I'd comment.

Nice clean room, decent size. TV & A/C worked fine, nice indoor pool area. Good price. Normally I'm leery of Days Inns since often they are rejects of other chains but this is very new and the nicest Days I've stayed at. Certainly would stay there again.

• Stayed: October 1999