“What did I do...”

Ranked #22 of 26 Hotels in Davenport
Nampa, Idaho, United States
“What did I do...”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Save your money, there are better hotels just down the street for WAY cheaper.
DO NOT STAY HERE. And here's my many reasons why.
We were in town for a wedding and prepaid the room from the internet. Otherwise I would have demanded a full refund... We stayed in room 224 and my MIL stayed in room 136.
The front desk was nice... considering I was there 3 times to get new keys since the door lock kept glitching out. The lobby and main hall smelled like pot when we checked in.

For our room: There was a dirty washrag stuck between the mattress'; the room smelled like a swamp; the AC unit was missing the face plate and the window had a HUGE tear in the screen; the towels were dingy and grey and no where near white in ANY sense; the shower curtain was just scary... caked with filth and it looked like they had never bothered to clean the bathroom EVER. ALL the floors were sticky and felt like someone had washed them with Dawn dish soap, they were SUPER slippery when wet. My MIL fell in her room because of the tiles. The housekeeper we had looked like she hated her life.
Additionally, I filled out the 'survey' to grade their service and I can guarantee that nothing will be done to change anything.
DO NOT STAY HERE. Just don't.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Rapid City, South Dakota
Reviewed May 12, 2013

The front desk staff was very pleasant and helpful. I traveled with a small dog and appreciated getting a room close to the door. However, that room (#144) had a foul odor. I couldn't pinpoint what the odor was but ammonia came to my mind. Maybe that is the designated doggie room and has been treated irresponsibly by other travelers. Nonetheless, I can't understand why the cleaning staff can't smell it and deal with it. The well used (limp and dingy gray) sheets on my bed caused me to inspect the room closely. The room was generally clean but again the cleaning staff need to wipe spots from the walls particularly in the bathroom. The hotel has free WiFi and this room had 2 beds, a nice size refrigerator and a microwave for only $43.99/night. I didn't sleep due to the odor and my negative perception of the cleanliness of the bedding (sheets, blanket & comforter). The only way I would stay here again is if I inspected the room first.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Davenport hotels

Jamestown, North Dakota, United States
Reviewed April 5, 2013

The bed and pillow were comfortable. The room was clean and had no odor. It was a nonsmoking so I was happy with that. This place was easy to find and I drove right up to it with no problems. Check in was easy and professional.

Room Tip: A good value for a night.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Brockville, Canada
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Place is ok - staff were good to us, always cleaning rooms and halls etc but outside garbage overflowing while there 2 days.
1 washer/1 dryer (dryer works so so - plan on 2 runs x 1.50 to dry)
Fridge in room works good
Micro works but maybe if you have a pacemaker check it is very old/bent and likely leaks.
TV old, works but picture just ok - power button on remote missing so have to turn on and off manually.
Sheets on bed (see pic) so thin could spit through them - time to replace huh
Towels pretty worn
Room fairly clean
Pool did not look inviting with huge clorine smell and lots of kids I think may live there.
I think motel has a fair amount of people live there but not sure.
NO SMOKING ROOMS available - I think they are taken by people residing there however pot smell big time down hall so I guess they dont specify what you can smoke :O)
Location crappy as not too much near unless you drive - hard in large truck - went far for a morning coffee.
Overall an ok place just in MAJOR NEED OF UPDATING and would be not too bad at all.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I like the progress made to this property since it became a Motel 6. Will stay again and recommended this motel 6 to my distant living relatives. The staff are hard working people who help guests with whatever.

• Stayed October 2012
Stevens Point, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Do not stay at this motel !!! I can not emphasize this enough!! We made a huge mistake staying there-I wanted to swim-and we hoped to find a less expensive room!. This is a very dangerous place. Filthy too. The owners are rude creeps and the facility should be shut down immediately. The owners son really showed his worthlessness by yelling obscenities at my partner over a misunderstanding. We met up with a police officer and filed a report about what occurred. I will be posting this review on every site possible. There are homeless people, prostitutes, unattended children, drug dealers, etc... at this location. Call the Chamber of Commerce and get this place shut down. You could save a life!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank KKay C
Jackson, Georgia
Reviewed August 8, 2012

My husband and I was in town for business and was VERY disapointed. the Manager/Owner was not truthful. Very loud guest going in and out of the building and stairs. We asked if we could have extra blankets/pillows for our room and they said they didnt have any. so are you telling me you only have what is on the beds. NOT!! They told us that we had a Queen bed but it was a double, They tell you a price and then try and say that was incorrect. Motel 6 says they will leave the light on but I dont even think they know where the light switch is. We will never stay at a Motel 6 again. if that is the only motel we will sleep in our car first!!

Room Tip: if they say that the room has a Queen make sure you look at room first. also look at reviews.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business