“Great Stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #23 of 25 Hotels in Davenport
Denver
“Great Stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2012

Family Stayed 1 night at the end of Jan 2012 for $61 incl tax.
After pulling off the highway at 2:30am we just needed somewhere clean to get some rest. There were several choices nearby, Motel 6, wasn't my first choice but it came up "clear" on the bedbug registry website So we decided to check in. The hostess Ms. Campbell was very professional and friendly. The non-smoking room was clean, but did smell slightly of smoke. We cracked the window, double-checked for bedbugs and were off to sleep. Showers were nice and hot in the AM! Pleasantly surprised, this was a great value. Would stay again.

• Stayed January 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Peoria, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2011

We went to the Rhythm City Casino to gamble and won then we checked into the motel which was really nice and then went to Red Lobster and had the best meal ever. After dinner went back to the motel and watched the world series was a really nice and quiet room. The Continental breakfast had lots of good things to eat. This was an outstanding place to stay and will be doing it again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Colorado Springs, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2011

Nice receptionist very accommodating. Needs to be up dated. Air conditioner not working properly. Overall we would stay again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Bolingbrook, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

We were looking for a reasonably priced room for 4 with wifi, pool and breakfast and found this online. The room was a little small and missing the base boards in the bathroom but otherwise it was clean and served our purpose. The pool was very small do not expect to do any swimming. The website said there was breakfast and also a sign at the check-in counter gave the times for breakfast but there was no breakfast. They said we were told at check-in there was no breakfast and that was why the rooms were so cheap. Well we were not told and there were others in the lobby who were also expecting breakfast. Also I did the consider the price that cheap especially without breakfast. If I ever stay in the Quad Cites again it will not be here.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Ky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2011

the room was very clean and comfortable, teh pool hot tub area was also clean with pleany of pool towels, the STAFF, MANGER, was so ver very friendly and helpfulit was a wonderful time at this motel. Breakfast was also clean and good. Coffee fresh 24 hours would really recommmend this motel ot anyone

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2011

the room was supposed to be non smoking it reaked of cigs the bathroom smelled like urin the locks on the door were both broken and you could nit use them there were crums in the beds the channels on the tv did not work and when I said something to mgt they could careless I had to call and complain about noise above me more than once terrible do not stay there oh and no breakfast was really svd if you call little debbie cont breakfast

• Stayed April 2011
Columbus, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2010

I planned to stay in Davenport back in May, so I planned ahead and booked a room for the weekend then. Received a confirmation email and thought no more of it. When arriving to the hotel after a 9 hour drive at 11:00pm, I come to find out that they have no reservation for me! Showed them the email I got and everything!! The lady at the desk was rude but gave me a room (not under the discounted rate that I would have gotten with my earlier booking).

One night in that room was all that we could handle! Paint was peeling from the ceiling, there was no fridge or coffee machine as advertised, there LIVE were beetle like bugs on the ceiling and in the window (6 total), there were slug like bugs in the bathtub (2 total), the shower head did not work, AND there was no exhaust cover on the fan over the bathtub. That was just too much!!

So at check out the next morning I sent my boyfriend down to the desk (since the room was under his name) and the another lady was there, but just as rude as the one from the night before! She informed him several times that she was new and did not know what to do. My boyfriend told her that we did not want to stay another night due to the condition of the room and asked for a partial refund for the following night (keep in mind that we checked out at 9am, well before any charges for the second night could have incurred). She said that she did not know if she could do that (again, informing us that she was new) and said we would just have to take the costs.

Frustrated, I called back around noon and asked to speak to a manager. The same girl answered the phone and said that "we don't have managers that come in on a daily type basis" (can you believe that!!). I started to tell her the list of my complaints and she asked me to call back in 5 min because "she was busy". So, I did and told her all of my complaints again. She was even ruder to me at that point and plead her ignorance to the company policies again, but said that she would forward my list of complaints and concerns onto the manager. When I asked her what the manager's name was, she told me she didn't even know!!

So, I called corporate office to report this situation and ask them about their refund policy. I was told that I should be entitled to a refund. You know you were in a bad situation when the person from corporate says "I'm sorry you were in that situation.... it sounds pretty ridiculous".

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends