“Good Pizza”

Wilton, Iowa, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good Pizza”
Reviewed June 16, 2012

In downtown, parking is tricky, but a nice walk. Interior reminds of older style pizzerias. Portion sizes were good, bought gift certificates while there.

Visited December 2011

Chicago, IL
“Great for private party”
Reviewed February 19, 2012

This is a family owned restaurant. We were looking for a place to have a late night private pizza party for about 100 kids and the family could not have been more wonderful to work with. They opened the restaurant just for us and were great serving the group. It was a very fun, cozy atmosphere and the pizza was terrific. Made for a memorable evening for everyone.

Visited February 2012
NJ
“food is ok”
Reviewed November 5, 2011

The server was very nice and I really got the feeling that this was a family owned restaurant with a lot of heart behind what they are doing BUT I did not find the food to be quite as special as the other reviewers did. The pasta was not al dente at all but I suspect it may be the local Iowa tradition to cook pasta more than I am used to. The sauce was ok. I know another reviewer commented that his pizza was like what you get in Italy but the person with me has also been to Italy and said it really wasn't anything like the pizza he ate in Italy. So if you are looking for Italian food in Davenport this is a fine place to go but I would say it is just a normal, average Italian restaurant with nice staff.

• Visited October 2011
Chicago
“looks aren't everything”
Reviewed October 6, 2011

nothing fancy, the food more than makes up for the simple decor and the prices are reasonable. Service was great. If you like creamy garlic dressing, it is to die for! Joked with my boyfriend I would love to take a container home. What a joy to find out they have it in bottled in jars as a private label for sale. Our entrees contained fresh ingredients, were seasoned and cooked to perfection. Real home cooked meals in a restaurant. Wish they were closer, I would be a regular.

• Visited September 2011
Morrison, Illinois
“Traditional Italian”
Reviewed September 15, 2011

For a traditional Italian dinner, try Antonella's in downtown Davenport. They have some of the best pizza I've had, reminds me of the pizza I had in Italy! I love their crust, it taste like my homemade.
We had Sicilian Style Pizzas (thin crust) that were very good. I liked "The Works" pizza but tried the Pollo d' Anita (chicken, spinach, artichokes, and white sauce) too. Two of our friends loved it, but I prefer "The Works".
The decor is traditional and the waitresses were really nice. We came on a very busy night and they were having a hard time keeping up.

• Visited September 2011