“Overall not too shaby”

Ranked #7 of 26 Hotels in Davenport
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Overall not too shaby”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Parking was easy, lobby was ok reason for that rating being that it was kind of small but a little more modern and updated than I've seen before, also the breakfast wasn't that bad, staff pretty nice and welcoming, beds were pretty comfy though I would have liked to have had softer sheets- the use of fabric softener would help that- the rooms were kind of small as well but to change that you would have to demo pretty much the whole hotel and redo all the walls so it probably wouldn't be worth it and not that I used it but the pool looked like it was setup solely for kids with all the wall decorations plus it was very small....I would imagine that if 5 adults got in there together they would all be shoulder to shoulder. Far as the rate goes I must say that all things considered after having paid close to 100 for one night I feel like I got robbed as I was expecting more for my money.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Orchard Park NY
Reviewed June 17, 2013

This hotel is a bit run down and in need of a serious update. I've stayed in Hampton Inns for the same price that were far superior. That said, front desk staff and management are friendly and helpful. If you're travelling from the east coast to Omaha or parts west, and looking for a spot to break up the drive, you could do much worse. The room was clean. The breakfast was better than average. The price was right. Easy on and off the highway. Huge parking lot if you have an RV or boat.

Jersey City, New Jersey
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Great place to stay and the staff were all so kind and helpful. I'm originally from Pittsburgh, the gateway to the Midwest, but have lived in Jersey City (NYC) for 17 years and needless to say, city living makes you jaded. How refreshing it was to stay in a place where the staff cares about service and are sincerely nice and helpful! True Midwestern values on display. We stayed here for my daughter to attend a rugby camp tryout for a team to represent the Midwest in Wales (she goes to college in Ohio). (She made it!) The room was perfectly clean and quiet, and the beds were very comfortable, so we slept well. The pool was refreshing, the local pizza was delicious, and as I mentioned, the staff were awesome. If you stay here on a whim, i.e. during a cross-country trip, make sure you drive downtown to see the mighty Mississippi, as it's only 5-10 minutes away. The downtown area and the park near the river are so charming. You'll be glad you drove down! I would also like to add that my daughter and I were pleasantly surprised at the level of diversity in Davenport. She is mixed race and Jersey City is one of the most diverse cities in the nation so diversity is common in our daily lives, but we didn't expect to find it in Davenport! That was one of the coolest parts of our trip. It made us feel even more welcomed.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jennifer U
Sydney
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I expect like me that you have read all the previous reviews and thought 'sounds good'. Well you would be right. For the price you cant go wrong here, clean rooms and friendly staff. Exactly what we wanted on our travel across the USA.

My only grip was the cheapo foam pillow.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Muncie, Indiana
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Found the hotel thanks to TA while n a very long drive across half the country. Cici was terrific on the phone and check in was super fast. Beds were superb - we had spent the previous 5 nights at a hi-end Hyatt on a 'Grand Canyon' mattress at a convention and these were perfectly supportive. Breakfast was as big I've seen at comparable chains: eggs, hash, bacon/sausage, yogurt, etc. The rooms were spotless and quiet. Decent small pool (no hot tub, but a small sauna in an adjacent room). Had a workout room where everything worked. Very friendly staff at check out. All this and twenty bucks less then the surrounding hotels.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Verona
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I had a reservation here for Friday June 7th, the cancellation policy requires you notify them 24 hrs in advance. Unfortunately my grandaughter received an injury and was unable to play in her tournament in a nearby city and my Mom ended up in the hospital at 9:00 pm the evening before. I called early morning on Friday to let them know as and explain my problem, and was told in no uncertain terms that is the policy of the hotel. I realize that, but there are circumstances out of our control.
roadrn

8 Thank roadrn
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Staff were very nice, courteous, helpful. Mike, (the Manager?) especially, asked us several times on several occasions: "Was everything good? How's your stay?" with smiles.
Facilities/accomodations, doors, rooms, are a bit worn/outdated. This was our first time staying there and it was a last minute thing. We thought we were gonna stay at another place but apparently it didn't happen. Checked with TripAdvisor app on my phone, this showed up high in ranking, so we went ahead and were quite pleased.
Nice warm breakfast. Lots of parking spaces and well-lit at night. Very close to the I-80 interstate. Great staff/service. Bedding was good too, had a great sleep.