“A great place to stay”

Ranked #5 of 25 Hotels in Davenport
Tyrone, Pennsylvania
“A great place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

This was our second visit to the Quality Inn Davenport. Each stay was much better than you would expect from an affordable motel. Clean rooms, good breakfast with special requests delivered with a smile, a nice small indoor pool and the friendliest staff you could ever hope to find. Being close to the interstate while in a quiet area made it even better.

Tim M

1 Thank Tim M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

Decided to save $$ and stay here. Wow! What a lovely surprise. Managers are kind and considerate. They work hard to make everything just right. Morning breakfast exceeded any other Choice Hotel with several hot choices in addition to waffles, even left area open longer in case of late arrivals while cleaning. Have found most hotels very rigid about closing breakfast. Comfortable beds, rooms appear updated with modern look (carpet, drapes, lamps, tv, etc.) with better lighting than others. Will definitely come back here next time. Best choice in Quad Cities.

Room Tip: Tell front desk what you need, they will take care of you. Location is quiet, all rooms are nice. Di...
1 Thank Janet_n_Doug
Waterloo, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

We stayed at this hotel with A group of parents for a youth sporting team. We could not have been more pleased with the service and staff. They were so accommodating and respectful. They started breakfast early so our boys would be able to eat before their early morning game. The Rooms were clean and had recently been remodeled. This hotel is a great value and we will certainly be staying there next time we visit Davenport. Totally recommend this hotel!

2 Thank Laura4424
Bourbonnais, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

When my Mom was in the hospital Mike and Amr was very understanding Because we wasn't sure how things would end up. They where very helpful . Also holding our room because we wasn't sure if she would come home or not !!! But i ended up on a good note she came home.. I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel and the people I delft with very Nice and understanding people when you need it the most !!

Room Tip: Any and all where very nice well kept !!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Rhonda C
Marengo, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

I have stayed here numerous times, as I have family in the area. I frequently stay alone, as my husband can't be away from our farm (livestock) for very long. It's nice to feel safe, secure, and well looked-after! Owners Mike and Kay, and their staff couldn't be more accommodating! I stayed three nights in mid-January, then a week later stayed another NINE nights due to family matters! It truly felt like coming home each night I returned to the hotel! Nice room, comfortable bed, everything clean, and always quiet! I didn't use the microwave in the room, but took advantage of having a refrigerator to keep bottled water and fresh fruit. The breakfast is excellent, and they offered to make me something extra if I wanted it. Mike even gave me perfect directions to the appropriate car dealership when my car needed service! I will always stay at this hotel when I need to be in the area. They treat me almost like family, and I wouldn't be comfortable staying anywhere else!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Marilyn W
Plattsburgh, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

We came in with a group of about 10 for a quick weekend stay. The rates were very reasonable for our group and we were pleasantly surprised with the comfort of the rooms and the wonderful customer service! While we didn't spend much time at the hotel during the day, and the first night we arrived, they were nice enough to give us a small meeting room on the 2nd floor (the floor where all of our rooms were) so we weren't too loud to disturb the other guests. This worked out perfect for everyone to congregate as we hadn't seen each other in awhile. Before we left for a local establishment, they gave us cab information which worked out great so we didn't have to drive the down the road. We took advantage of the breakfast both mornings, and they were kind enough to serve us a few items that were not out on the counters, which they served us. The owner/manager, Mike - was one of the most hands-on and friendly staff members I have ever encountered at a hotel - it was worth staying there for his enjoyment to make his guests satisfied.

The rooms were pretty standard, but had a nice color scheme and we were pleased to find small fridges and microwaves in each room. Plus, the beds were super comfy which I'm usually pretty picky about! :) A number of people in our group took advantage of the pool one night, which they enjoyed. Just wish there would have been a hot tub.

The only thing that I wish would have been different about this place was the entrance - which was just one push/pull door that was not automatic. We had quite a few bags and even though they have a covered area to park to check-in, it was difficult to try to get all of our stuff in/out, especially when the weather was bad as we were leaving. More than anything, I felt sorry for the person working at the front desk because they would get a big draft of cold air every time the door would open. However, this was very minimal and the wonderful service we received quickly put this side note away.

Our group gets together in Davenport every January and we usually have a different hotel each year. However, I know we will stay here again next year!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Grand Rapids, MI
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

The rooms were clean but extremely tiny. Not sure if this is because we had a pet. There was a unexpected $15 a night pet fee. The pool had slime on the bottom of it. I would give this a better rating if the price reflected the accommodations. They tried really hard to update things on a budget. Dressing up old mattresses and adding fixtures to a room that still feels old with popcorn ceilings. The staff was extremely friendly and offered to keep the pool open for us as late as we wanted. Probably wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012