“Nice place to stay”

Ranked #5 of 26 Hotels in Davenport
Kansas City, Missouri
“Nice place to stay”
Reviewed April 11, 2012

We have stayed there several times. Nice responsice staff, quiet place. Free cookies.

Room Tip: Be sure to specify if you want to be away from the elevator!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Navarre, Florida
Reviewed March 31, 2012

Nice hotel with a lot of extra touches such a fresh cookies, coffee, great breakfast buffet, nice pool and a lending library of books. Very quiet. Only complaint is the room was quite small, but the bed was comfy.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Illinois
Reviewed March 31, 2012

My husband and I are nearing the end of our one-week stay here - he is on business. This hotel was on a list of suggested hotels given by his company, and I based the booking on the convenient location to his office, and on (what I thought at the time) good reviews on TripAdvisor. Turns out I accidentally read the reviews for Comfort Inn and Suites, which I didn't discover until now when I came to write the review! It makes me nervous now to see the poor reviews, worrying I'll discover some problem when I return home - but I have been happy overall so far.

The most important thing to me is cleanliness - and the rooms are clean enough for me to get by. Not spotless, but pretty good. I am always afraid I might get bedbugs from hotels - no evidence of any here, at least not so far, and we've been here nearly a week. (My stomach churned just now when I read a review about bedbugs from 2009, but supposedly the hotel took care of it back then, and, again, I haven't noticed any bites.)

The temperature control is not great - it just runs constantly at the selected temperature, is a little loud, and doesn't really work all that well. I've woken up multiple times every night this week - but I think it's only partially because of that. I think I might also just be kind of stressed due to personal stuff. :)

Breakfast is good. They have oatmeal, fruit, etc. for those who are calorie-conscious, and waffles, muffins, etc. for those who don't mind. :) I love that they have hot water and a selection of tea.

Pool and whirlpool are great. The walls of the whirlpool are a bit stained, but other than that, the temperature of each is great, and smells very chlorine-y (I like to know it's disinfected!). Usually empty or near empty, so I have the place to myself most of the time, which is nice.

Location, as I said, was good for us based on the location of his office. Also, short driving distance to everything in the Quad Cities. However, not too much in walking distance if you're without a car, but enough to get by. I walked to the close-by Y (about a 10-minute walk) and purchased a day pass to work out (since the hotel doesn't have a fitness center, and the Gold's Gym that you can get a free pass for is driving, not walking, distance). I also enjoyed the hilly walk down Ripley Street to the mall (about a 30-minute walk).

Staff is very friendly and accommodating.

All in all, we've been happy with our stay. Nothing fancy, of course - just enough to get by (which is what you're paying for). But no major problems.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Kristi K
Des Moines, IA
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Stayed here this weekend for a volleyball tourney. Hotel was easy to find. There were no warm cookies greeting us on check-in as hotel mentions they have...needed to ask for those (our girls were interested in having one after our three hour drive). Stay was fine; room was clean. Hot tub was too hot to get in to, so our team opted for regular pool and had fun there. There was a family staying on our floor with a screaming kid (at least 50% of the time), but that's not the hotel's fault. I did kind of wonder how many people were in their room, though, as someone in our group counted at least six or seven people coming and going.

Assistant Manager recommended a restaurant a mile or so away after we asked for comparison between two different places. Food at that restaurant was good; portions were PLENTYful. :)

All in all, stay was fine. I wasn't "wow'ed", but worked out fine for our group.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Mukwonago, Wisconsin
Reviewed January 25, 2012

We stayed here on our way to Lincoln, NE. The room was very nice and the staff extemely accomodating. It is pet friendly and that is very important to us. The breakfast was incredible compared to the ones we usually get a a competitor hotel. We will defintely stay here again. We stayed on points and even received points back...that was great

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Muktown
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed January 25, 2012

This is one of the most enjoyable and best managed properties in Davenport. My room was clean and the staff was great. I enjoy the feeling of being at a place when staff members engage you in everyday conversation. The pool was a great treat during the snow and the internet was on par.

Just very satisfied when people care about their jobs. It shows at this Hotel.

Room Tip: Any room is a good choice. If you are alight sleeper any room away from the elevator would be perfec...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Allegany, NY
Reviewed October 3, 2011

On Fri. 9/16 a tour bus of 41 people of which I was co-leader of spent the night at this motel. The next morning I needed to replenish our bottled water for the mainder of the trip to the Buffalo, NY area. I asked Jen Hamann, asst. mgr, where we could find a Wal-Mart for this purpose. She began to give me directions for the driver and stopped saying if I would go with her she'd drive to the store & back in time for the bus to leave and not make the driver maneauver out of his way. We did this and I cannot say enough about Jen and this Country Inn location. I've stayed at many, they are always good BUT, this was EXCEPTIONAL! Also, it was very apparant that Jen loves working for this chain and is striving to do excellent work.
Mike Kessler