“Good food, loved the piano!”

The Phoenix Downtown
Ranked #49 of 341 Restaurants in Davenport
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Restaurant, Martini Bar, Banquest facility, private parties, rehearsal dinners, great wine list, 12 draft beers, 30+martinis
Reviewed January 6, 2019 via mobile

Go on a Saturday evening, 7pm or later and enjoy the wonderful, accomplished pianist. He takes requests of all kinds...a good old fashioned kind of experience with a warm and engaging vibe. Our food was great: I had the chicken marsala and my husband had the vodka penne pasta. Bread and cheesecake were delicious. Service was fine. Not bad, not exceptional. Next time we will eat up front, as this seems a more welcoming area but the back was quieter this particular night. The open kitchen isn't my cup of tea, but I know some like that kind of thing. It was fine, just will sit away from it next time. This would also be a lovely place for dessert (they only have cheesecake, but several kinds) and coffee. We will be back.

Date of visit: December 2018
1  Thank Ashlie D

Reviewed August 23, 2018 via mobile

I was staying close by (walking distance) and also saw that this place had a Groupon, so it was a no brainer to give it a try. The drink selection is phenomenal! It was a quiet Tuesday night, so there were only 2 people on staff, the bartender and a server. I sat at the bar and still received wonderful service. I also had the Ahi Tuna. The glaze was perfect as well as the rice. Overall, glad I tried this place out.

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank Matting
Reviewed July 19, 2018

Our group of six made a reservation for 6 on Tuesday July 17, to celebrate Mothers and Father's Day, staff were very busy, but it was worth the wait! The steaks were juicy and cooked medium rare, the tuna was great! Our waiter was very helpful and patient.

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank randygi
Reviewed June 20, 2018

the inside is very rustic, with exposed brick and beams. the kitchen is open in the back dining room to the customers. bar up in front of house. a great loaf of crusty oven baked fresh bread was my fav. if you serve me good bread, i’m in love. the seasoned butter was a nice touch. the tuna was very good, so was the lamb rack. very nice experience..

Date of visit: June 2018
1  Thank debra s
Reviewed May 11, 2018 via mobile

Needed to use our Groupon before expiring as the last time we was told we couldn’t use because it was Happy Hour.
We ordered the spinach artichoke dip with pita bread as we’ve had it before and it is delicious! In addition we ordered a pizza and it too is good and would order again.

Date of visit: May 2018