“Historic Hotel Revisited”

Hotel Blackhawk, Autograph Collection
Ranked #2 of 26 Hotels in Davenport
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Fifty years ago this was THE place to stay in Davenport, Iowa. We think it has returned to it's former status with a Marriott connection and serious decorator-quality vibe. From the uncovered stained glass ceiling in reception to the TV screen in the bathroom mirror there are good reasons to like this place. The only negative we found was a need to upgrade bathroom towels and replace starched-like sheets. The staff we encountered were exceptionally hospitable!!

Room Tip: Try the coffee shop pastries!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank GoneAgain02
Tim H, General Manager at Hotel Blackhawk, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2013

Dear GoneAgain02,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about Hotel Blackhawk on TripAdvisor. Also, thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent trip to Davenport. Your comments are extremely kind. Becoming part of the Autograph Collection has been very special for us. Our guests have really enjoyed the fact that they can now receive Marriott Rewards during their time spent with us. Our stained glass lobby ceiling is definitely something that we would also suggest people come check out. All of the details that went into our renovation are what make the hotel so unique. Thank you so much for your comments.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Hotel Blackhawk very soon.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

I stayed here for one evening in early March and found this hotel to be at the top of the list. My flight arrived late after their complimentary shuttle was done for the evening. The arranged for a taxi to be waiting at the airport for me. Upon arrival the check-in process was quick and painless.

The room was a corner king room and was quite large. The bed was great, bathroom was large with lots of nice touches including a TV in the mirror. It was equipped with a tub and separate shower. Their is a large closet, work area and lounge chair.

This property has been renovated to a high standard. There is a full service restaurant as well as a coffee shop in the hotel. Located right downtown, it is only a few blocks to the river, casino and ball park.

If you are looking for a great hotel that will take you back to a time of luxury you will not go wrong.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear EagleDad,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hotel Blackhawk during your recent trip to the Quad Cities. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. I'm glad to hear that our front desk staff was able to coordinate the Taxi for you. At Hotel Blackhawk, it is important to us that each of our guests receive a unique experience while they are with us. It seems as though we were successful in creating that for you, and I could not be happier. All of your kind words about the hotel are greatly appreciated, and I will be sure to share them with our team members.

Thank you. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Back in the 60’s, my grandmother was a desk clerk at the old Blackhawk Hotel . Way before the grand renovations. Sadly it seemed, the place had fallen to pieces. I admit, I had not been back in years. Wow! I stopped there in November and what a spectacular difference. The Blackhawk is an absolute! Keep it up! Bravo!

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Dear abes92,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of Hotel Blackhawk on TripAdvisor. Wow- that is so neat to hear that your grandmother was a desk clerk at The Blackhawk Hotel in the 60's. The owners of Hotel Blackhawk, Amy and Amrit Gill, had a vision of bringing back the history and luxury that everyone remembered it by, but wanted to tie in the modern feel. I think that they did an outstanding job as well, and I will be sure to pass along your kind words.

Thanks again for your words of encouragement and support. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Quad Cities Hip & Historic Landmark Hotel very soon.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Not quite sure what it takes to receive a 4 star rating, but the hotel blackhawk is first class all the way and is 4 stars in my opinion. Stayed here in late march on a friday night, we booked on priceline for $62. I completely disagree with the previous reviewer about the location. The blackhawk is in downtown davenport, cant change that, but as far as davenport goes, the location is great. If youre going to a show at the Adler Theatre, its actually connected to the hotel. Very close to the art museum, casino, and close to the mississippi. Attention to detail is superior all over the hotel. I loved that the bottles of water in the fridge in the room was $2 and the snickers as well, the television in the bathroom mirror was just cool as hell. This place would be amazing for a wedding reception, company party, or even a childrens birthday party in the basement bowling alley. I look forward to booking here again.

Room Tip: wait till a few days before your stay and name your own on priceline, 3.5 stars, davenport.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear johnboy4225,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hotel Blackhawk, and thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. Your feedback on the location of the hotel is much appreciated. We are always glad to hear when our guests are able to experience all that the Quad Cities has to offer during their time spent with us. Your compliments about Hotel Blackhawk are extremely kind. We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon. Thanks again!

Reviewed March 27, 2013

The hotel is very beautiful. The rooms are updated and nice. The location is terrible. Downtown Davenport did not have any attractions or shopping that I would recommend. The worst part about the hotel is parking. My husband and I arrived back at the hotel late on a Saturday night and had to vulture park. The front desk attendant told us that we would have to park on the street or pay to park in a garage. I would only go back if I was planning to stay in my hotel room for the whole trip.

• Stayed: March 2013
Tim H, General Manager at Hotel Blackhawk, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

Dear Ducachic,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Blackhawk and thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. Your compliments about the hotel are very kind. I am disappointed to hear about your experience outside of the hotel. There are lots of activities in the downtown area and we would love to provide you with more information on those options when planning your next trip.

At Hotel Blackhawk, we strive to create a unique experience for each of our guests. I am glad that we were able to do that for you. Your review was very beneficial for us, as we will now be offering our Visitor Guides to guests who may be looking for local entertainment. It is only because of guests like you who are willing to provide candid feedback that we are able to continue providing our guests with positive experiences. We truly appreciate your comments.

Thank you again for your review. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Had my 16 year old daughters party downstairs and what I night for her to remember. Great service, good fun, DJ, bowling, dancing. I cant begin to tell you about the fun that these kids had. I would recommend this venue to anyone. I will go back. My daughter lost Her leather jacket and I called the next morning and the friendly staff located it for us. Our friends have stayed in the hotel and have mentioned how nice it is. I have viewed the food menu's and at a glance the food seemed to be loaded with higher quality items. Yet the bar offers basic foods.

Room Tip: All rooms are good but parking not so much
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Tim H, General Manager at Hotel Blackhawk, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Dear RobHarley,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and share photos from your time spent at Hotel Blackhawk on TripAdvisor. We are honored that you and your family chose Blackhawk Bowl & Martini Lounge as the venue to host your daughter's special day. It looks like everyone was having a fantastic time while bowling and on the dance floor! We are glad that we were able to make such an important birthday in your daughter's life a memorable one. Thank you for your compliments about the service and our staff. I will be sure to pass along your review to all of the Blackhawk Bowl & Martini Lounge team members.

Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Hotel Blackhawk soon.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Decided to stay at the Davenport Hotel while in town for the John Deere Factory Tour. My wife and I arrived after 6 hours of driving thru a great blizzard . The friendly door man grabbed our luggage and took us to check in and then up to our room. This grand Hotel has been remodeled back to the great hotels of 100 years ago. Door man showed us all the workings of our room, great corner room with huge windows and upscale furniture . Had dinner at the Bix Bistro, great menu offering wild bore . Staff was very well trained and friendly. Swimming pool on 3rd floor and bowling alley in the basement. If we every get back to Davenport , this will be our first stop.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Tim H, General Manager at Hotel Blackhawk, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Dear Bob55555,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Blackhawk. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your experience with us on TripAdvisor. We love hearing feedback from our Corporate customers and always enjoy welcoming John Deere folks. We're glad that you made it safely to Hotel Blackhawk during the snow storm. The wild boar in Bix Bistro is one of our favorites! Your compliments about our team members are extremely kind, and I will be sure to pass them along to each of them.

Thank you again for your review. We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Tim Heim

Also consider these accommodations in or near Davenport
The Current Iowa, Autograph Collection
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Davenport
Homewood Suites by Hilton Davenport
3 mi away
Radisson on John Deere Commons

Been to Hotel Blackhawk, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!