“Romance and business”

Hotel Blackhawk, Autograph Collection
Ranked #2 of 26 Hotels in Davenport
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Quiet, intimate, relaxing, all the things needed for a weekend getaway. Close to downtown business and a desk area in the room. It's perfect for getting work done while the wife is still sleeping. The options for dining are also great and the staff was very friendly.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Jen H, Front Office Manager at Hotel Blackhawk, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

There are newer reviews for Hotel Blackhawk, Autograph Collection

Reviewed October 23, 2012

the Blackhawk hotel is a totally awesome place to stay in Davenport. Our room was gorgeous and comfortable. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. The view from our room of the river was beautiful. If we ever we visit Davenport again we will stay at the Blackhawk!

Room Tip: Rooms that face the river are awesome!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

We thank you for taking the time to stay and review Hotel Blackhawk on Trip Advisor. We were delighted to hear your positive feedback. We always strive to create a unique and high quality experience for our guests. I'll be sure to share your wonderful comments with our team.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

We recently had our wedding reception here and it was perfect! The Gold Room is beautiful. Besides being the perfect place for our reception, the hotel itself is pretty amazing. The rooms are very nicely decorated and the bed is one of the most comfortable I've slept in. We had a Jacuzzi suite and it was amazing. The bathroom is wonderful, I think I even made the comment that I hope we can have a bathroom that nice. We also had a parlor room attached which was great. All of our guests were happy with their stays. They even allow dogs on certain floors. The Bix Bistro lounge is the restaurant there and the food is amazing. We've had lunch there numerous times and every time it is delicious. This time we were there for brunch after the wedding. They had double booked our "reserved" room for brunch, and when the mistake was brought to attention the staff was more than ready to make up for it. They found us and our guests a new spot to sit, and even compt the meals. This is better than the hotels I've stayed in while in Chicago. I would recommend it to anyone traveling to the Quad Cities.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

We thank you for taking the time to stay and review Hotel Blackhawk on Trip Advisor. We were delighted to hear your positive feedback. We always strive to create a unique and high quality experience for our guests. I’m glad you enjoyed the Jacuzzi suite we were able to secure for you, and that you’re wedding reception was perfect. Congratulations and best wishes on your future together!

I’m sorry to hear about the mix-up regarding the brunch and am please we were able to accommodate you. We pride ourselves on exceptional customer service and I’m glad we were able to develop a satisfactory solution.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

The front desk service was excellent. Our room was extremely clean and cozy. The atmosphere of this hotel made you feel very relaxed. We had two small dogs and paid a $25 fee which was expected. We would stay here again because this was a perfect stop for tired travelers. We were also given two drink vouchers for the bar upon checking in,which was very nice. Within 10 minutes of checking in, I took my vouchers to the bar but was told I just missed last call. I explained this was our only night and we had just arrived. The bartender was kind enough to honor the voucher, but what appeared to be an off-duty employee or friend of an employee sitting near the bar was bothered by my request for drink service, because the "bar was #%@^ closed." I spoke to a manager the next morning and expressed my displeasure at the incident and I was quite convinced the matter would be examined and dealt with. I must stress that this was a very isolated incident, and the overall experience is hands down 5 stars! Great place to stay! Felt like a home away from home.

The late night room service menu was "okay," probably would not get that again. Also tried breakfast in the restaurant, and it was only "okay" as well. Another traveler who frequented the hotel mentioned to us that the cafe inside the hotel was the better breakfast choice. Apparently, the hotel restaurant had only been serving breakfast for two weeks, so perhaps this was a factor in the mediocre food.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

We thank you for taking the time to stay and review Hotel Blackhawk on Trip Advisor. We were delighted to hear your positive feedback. We always strive to create a unique and high quality experience for our guests. I'll be sure to share your comments with our team. It is only thru the candid responses of our guests that we learn about issues that may be taking place. The incident at the bar does sound like an isolated incident, but we will insure such an incident does not happen again.

I was glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope that you will keep us in mind for future visits to the Davenport area.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

I normally don't write such glowing reviews, but everything about my stay at the Blackhawk was first class.
From the moment you arrive, until the time you check out, the staff will accomodate your every need. We were in the area for my husband's class reunion and chose this hotel after reading reviews on many websites. It exceeded every expectation. While I was admiring the stained glass in the lobby, the GM, Tim Heim, came over, introduced himself and told me the history of the hotel.
The bed was very comfortable and the room was nicely appointed.
When friends met us for cocktails in the lobby, the staff gave us the type of service you would expect in high end international hotels, but with genuine smiles and warmth.
If you are visiting the Quad Cities, this is the only place you want to stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Jen H, Front Office Manager at Hotel Blackhawk, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

We thank you for taking the time to stay and review Hotel Blackhawk on Trip Advisor. We pride ourselves on service and exceeding our guest’s expectations, here at Hotel Blackhawk and I’m delighted that we were able to exceed yours. Thank you for your wonderful comments, I’ll be sure to share them with our team.

I hope your husband’s class reunion went well and I hope that you will keep us in mind, for future visits to the Davenport area.

Please feel free to contact me if there is anything with which I may help.

Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

One of the finest hotel stays anywhere. We had a beautifully appointed suite for $135/night. Amenities are world class, food was excellent, service was outstanding and a host of little touches put it over the top. Most clock radios in hotels are cheap and tinny. We had.a digital stereo with iPod dock. No charge for WiFi. Beautifully renovated rooms and elegant lobby. Spa, fitness center, facials and massage all available. At most hotels — even four star properties — the flat screen LCD HDTVs are usually bleached-out from use. Not here; picture was crisp and clear.

I've stayed at 2 star Holiday and Comfort Inns that charged 50% more and don't remotely come close and I've stayed at 4 star hotels in London, New York, Los Angeles, Boston, Chicago — Hotel Blackhawk is as good and quite often better than any of them.

Memorable stay. Perfect.

• Stayed: September 2012
Jen H, Front Office Manager at Hotel Blackhawk, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Thank you for choosing Hotel Blackhawk for your recent stay with us. We were delighted to hear your positive feedback. We always strive to create a unique and high quality experience for our guests. I'm glad hear we succeeded. I'll be sure to share your wonderful comments with our team. I know they will be thrilled. I hope you will keep us in mind for future visits to the Davenport area.

Jen H

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Treated like a king by everyone from the doorman to the Bix Bistro waitstaff. The room was well appointed and very clean...exceptional. The only negative was that there happened to be a wedding reception at the hotel with a loud band. Parking in the lot was a bit limited dur to the extra guests and the music was a bit too loud but they did shut down by 11p.m.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Tim H, General Manager at Hotel Blackhawk, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

Thank you for choosing Hotel Blackhawk for your recent stay with us. We were delighted to hear your positive feedback. I'm glad we were able to make you feel like royalty. I'll be sure to share your wonderful comments with our team, they will definitely appreciate it.

I hope that you will keep us in mind, for future visits to the Davenport area.

Tim Heim

Also consider these accommodations in or near Davenport
Radisson Quad City Plaza Hotel
Hampton Inn Davenport
Hampton Inn Davenport
#1 of 26 in Davenport
The Current Iowa, Autograph Collection
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Davenport
Radisson on John Deere Commons
Hilton Garden Inn Bettendorf / Quad Cities

Been to Hotel Blackhawk, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!