“Definitely 4 + stars”

Ranked #2 of 26 Hotels in Davenport
Lyndon, Kansas
“Definitely 4 + stars”
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Spent one night in this completely renovated historic hotel and will definitely consider staying there again. Very well appointed room, quiet and lovely. Highly recommend.

• Stayed May 2012
, Front Office Manager at Hotel Blackhawk, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, June 23, 2012
Dear Kadasha,
Thank you for taking the time to post a wonderful review, we appreciate your great feedback. Please feel free to contact me personally regarding any future stays, I would jump at the chance to meet you and offer you a free upgrade. We value all of our guest and enjoy offering perks to those who come back time and again. Please do not hesitate to contact us, Thank you again.
Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Madison
Reviewed May 28, 2012

My husband I just returned from an overnight trip to Davenport. Our only regret is that we didn't plan more time there. My husband really wanted to see a Quad City minor league baseball game (their stadium on the river is pretty cool and he's a huge baseball fan) and I agreed to go along if we could find a decent place to stay. I was really pleasantly surprised when I found the Blackhawk Hotel online and I was just stunned when we arrived and I saw how nice it really was. You can believe the online reviews: there really is a luxury hotel in Davenport, Iowa. I expect that this is part of a larger plan to revitalize the downtown and it's clear that a lot of time and money went into restoring the Blackhawk.

We could have happily spent a couple more days at the Blackhawk Hotel. It's very reasonably priced considering how nice it is and you can tell that every effort is made to provide guests with a unique, upscale experience. I was worried it might be associated with a Casino (that's just not my thing), but it is not a casino nor is it attached to one or anything like that.

The service was great. A very attentive bellman greeted us at the entrance, showed us to the front desk, and escorted us to our room. Our room was modern, very clean, and had some fun amenities. A television was embedded in the mirror in the bathroom for example. In case you want to check the weather or the news from the glass shower or large soaking tub! Very comfortable bed and a great night's sleep. We had a great view of the river from the 8th floor and it was quiet too. The hotel was also well-located for our trip.

Our only regret is that we didn't have time to eat dinner in the restaurant or check out the pool and sun deck on the roof. I'm sure it would have been wonderful. We did have time for a glass of wine (pretty extensive wine list) and a couple of appetizers in the lobby bar (where you can order from the Bix menu) before we had to leave for the evening. What we had was great. The bartender was very nice and when we asked about an unusual lemon cheddar we enjoyed on the cheeseboard, he went into the kitched to find out where it came from and how it was made. This is just one example of the friendly, professional, and accomodating service we encountered everywhere in the hotel.

The location was also close to what I'd describe as the arts district. We had a nice time walking over to the Figge Museum and really enjoyed the photography exhibits there. There was a great collection of galleries nearby as well. I know that Davenport isn't exactly a destination, but with a hotel and restaurant of this quality it's a great place to spend a day or two if you are traveling in the Midwest.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Garrison G, Front Office Manager at Hotel Blackhawk, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, May 31, 2012
Dear from-madison-wi,
I would like to let you know how great your review has made myself and our staff feel. We often share reviews and guest experiences with all of our team members as motivation and training tools. Your review however made everyones day. We sincerely thank you for your excellent review regarding your recent stay. We appreciate the fact you were willing to attend the Bandits game with your husband, and are delighted that we were the deciding factor. Living in the Quad Cities we are very proud of our minor league baseball and respect your husbands excellent taste in sports teams.
We would be more than happy to have you return anytime you have the chance. Perhaps next time you can visit and take your husband to a hockey game or perhaps just a romantic retreat that includes spa treatments. ( Yes there is a barber shop that can pamper him too).
No matter what the occasion we would be thrilled to see both of you again, please do not hesitate to contact me directly with any questions.
Thank you again for making our day.
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed May 25, 2012

This hotel is absolutely beautiful and very reasonably priced. The bars (on the 1st floor and in the martini bar/bowling alley in the basement) have great selection and make great cocktails. They also have daily specials (1/2 price wine bottles, 2 for 1 martinis, etc). Food at the restuarant is also wonderful.

Best part of this hotel is that every single employee is friendly and willing to go the extra mile to make your visit special.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear Amber H,
Thank you so much for the excellent review of your recent stay. We are delighted you have taken the time to experience Hotel Blackhawk. We Pride ourselves on great hospitality and customer service and it is a great feeling as employee's, when that hospitality pays off and our guest have great experiences. Please contact me personally on your return trip I look forward to talking to you.
Kearney, Nebraska
Reviewed May 14, 2012

We were looking for a place to stay after about a 500 mile trip and looked up the Blackhawk...fabulously restored, much better than original...30-35 million dollar remake, 7th ranking of historic hotels in the country. Great quiet rooms, and the resturant has really gourmet foods. We nneded a great place as a reward after a long road trip. Call ahead for a reservation. A casino is a 5 minute walk. The Mississipi is the same 5 minute walk....interesting sky bridge to the casino.
Not on the interstate, but worth it!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dear skiNebraska,
Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor! I cannot begin to tell you what it means to us to have great long time travelers like yourselves give us such great accolades. We are equally proud that we were chosen as your reward after such a long trip. We love being downtown with so many great things to see and do within walking distance, although it is a short trip from the interstate we enjoy being in the mix of everything downtown has to offer. I hope to one day travel to as many great places your family has had the pleasure of experiencing.
Please allow us the pleasure of hosting you again in the future, we would be delighted to have you stay with us again.
Front office Manager
Naperville, Illinois
Reviewed April 27, 2012

My daughter was married at Hotel Blackhawk in October 2011. Fast forward to April and we're back to Hotel Blackhawk for the Easter holiday weekend. A wonderful time was had by all! We actually had time to bowl and take advantage of the swimming pool.

For Easter Brunch, 19 family members came to enjoy the wonderful brunch of Hotel Blackhawk. Food was marvelous. Service was great. And, there was no one hurrying us out the door in order for our table to be used for another seating. We'll definitely be back next year!

Our room was great. The linens are wonderful. The bathroom is great. I love that the rooms are clean and welcoming. It's definitely my favorite place to stay when we visit my daughter in the QC area.

The hotel is so warm and inviting. The architecture is great. We've stayed there so often that the staff is starting to know us. I feel like I'm coming home whenever we stay at this great hotel!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are wonderful!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Dear Karen K,
We not only are starting to know you, we may be falling for you and your great family, everyone I have had the pleasure of meeting have been fantastic.
We thouroughly enjoy all of you, and I personally am looking forward to seeing everyone again very soon. We are constantly moving to make the Blackhawk Experience better and better, and I am proud to announce we are in the process of changing the Sunday Brunch Menu. ( Don't worry all of the favorites will still be there ) the exciting part is the great new favorites that are coming!
I insist you call me or Claudia directly the next chance you get to come and visit.
Thank you for such a great review we trully appreciate you.
Cincinnati
Reviewed April 24, 2012

This was a great stay, especially since I got it through a priceline bid. The room was awesome, way nicer than any hotel I've stayed at before. You would usually have to pay for all the extras at a hotel of this caliber, but internet and parking were free. Would definitely stay here again, highly recommend!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Dear vlagroupie,
Thank you for the excellent review! I love the fact you were able to take advantage of the great deals that are available on 3rd party websites, you are obviously a savy business traveler. We are honored that you consider us the best hotel you have stayed at and look forward to seeing you again very soon. If there is anything I can do to make your next stay as enjoyable as possible DO NOT HESITATE to contact me directly. My direct line is 563-322-5000 ext 5911, I take great pleasure in providing all of our guest with the best experience possible, and would jump at the chance to extend the same hospitality on your return trip.
Thank you again, I hope to hear from you in the future!
Clinton, Iowa
Reviewed April 23, 2012

The Blackhawk is a very beautiful hotel. The rooms are nice and have been remodeled, but the ambience of the grand old hotel is what I liked. When you first walk in, you feel like you are special. There is a nice bar and restaurant on the main floor; and on a lower level, there is a martini bar/bowling alley. We did not bowl, but the lower bar had music and dancing.
It is a little pricey, but nice for a romantic weekend.

Room Tip: Corner rooms seem more spacious.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Freddie099,
Thank you for taking the time to post this great review regarding your recent stay. It always makes my day when a guest, patron, or just a visitor walking through stops to admire the great ambience of this Historic property. Alot of great detail, hardwork, and time went into renovating and restoring her to her original glory.
Thank you so much for your appreciation and patronage, we hope to have you both back for your next romantic getaway.
Front Office Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Davenport
Radisson Quad City Plaza Hotel
Hampton Inn Davenport
Hampton Inn Davenport
#1 of 26 in Davenport
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Davenport
Radisson on John Deere Commons
Hilton Garden Inn Bettendorf / Quad Cities
Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Moline

Been to Hotel Blackhawk, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!