“Best in the Midwest!”

Ranked #2 of 26 Hotels in Davenport
Dubuque, Iowa
“Best in the Midwest!”
Reviewed July 14, 2011

We stay in about six hotels a year as a family and this was the best I have seen in years. The hotel is new and clean, the staff is friendly and my family enjoyed the amazing food in the basement bowling alley while we bowled. Then in the morning my husband went down and brought up fresh beignets, really amazing. We also brought our dog with us and enjoyed that very much. Parking was easy and no extra fee and when we returned after dark we loved the flame sculpture near the entrance. This hotel is such a gem and I think would make a great stop in a series along the Great River Road along the Mississippi River including the hotel Julien in Dubuque as well.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Garrison G, Front Office Manager at Hotel Blackhawk, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, November 2, 2011
Dear Travelour1133,
I really enjoyed your review , and was very pleased that your entire family enjoyed thier stay. It is trully our goal to deliver the best hospitality and accomodations possible to all of our guest, and your review tells all of us we are headed in the right direction. It sounds like your family were really able to relax and enjoy the ammenities we offer and we appreciate all of the wonderful comments. If you are in the area again and are looking for a great hotel experience our door is always open. Thank you again.
Garrison Gardner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Reviewed June 6, 2011

After spending a few nights in a nearby hotel I stumbled upon this place and enquired about a long stay while I was here on business. I got a 2 bedroom apartment with kitchen and lounge for a very reasonable price. The staff are very friendly from the doormen to the receptionists and they make you feel at home. The bar and Bix bistro staff are very professional and friendly and made my stay all the more pleasant.. There are a few down sides though. The food is nice but very expensive, and the portions are small. The whirlpool is also a disappointment as it does not so as it says... More of a hot tub with a few weak jets...! And finally the gym is slightly under equipped...!
Apart from these I had a fantastic stay and would choose to come back here again. Thank you once again.... Andy (English bloke)

• Stayed March 2011
Dear Andy,
I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay as much as we enjoyed having you here. We look forward to seeing you again in the future. The Kitchen is now under different leadership and the new menu was recently rolled out, it is excellent. The portions are more than I can handle and believe me, I love to eat! With that being said we are getting some great feedback on the menu, portions, and prices. As always we are working to perfect the Hotel Blackhawk experience and great feedback like yours is always appreciated. If you find yourself far away from home again, please look us up. We would love to have our " english bloke" back anytime.
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed May 29, 2011

Recently renovated. Preserved the beautiful classic lobby; rooms are an elegant modern chic. Very clean and quiet. Nice room with separate sitting area. Wish I had more reasons to go to Back the area just so I could stay there again.

• Stayed May 2011
Dear Travliyn,
Thank you for taking the time to review us! We are very pleased you enjoyed your recent trip . As always I am more than happy to give you a long list of reasons to come back. We are tucked into the midwest, But I assure you we know how to have a good time. There are many upcoming events and activities coming to our area that we are very excited about. If you would like I can tell you all about them and offer some great insight on the best times to visit the Quad Cities and take advantage of all of these opportunities. Thank you again for the great review as "The Best in the Midwest" we really appreciate your feedback.
dc
Reviewed May 22, 2011

Wow, it's like a modern hotel mixed with and old school decor...highlights below:

-Martini Bar
-Bowling Alley
-Pool
-TV screens in bathroom mirror
-Walk-in and Bath
-Flatscreen
-Great Work area
-Amazing burger from bar - not at all like 'bar' food
-Gym
-Great coffee shop attached with starbucks (breakfast, sandwiches and amazing desserts)

I travel the world and I love boutique hotels like this...also in the heart of all the action, close to the river, casino, and Figge museum.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Dear Hoorayforhonestreviews,
We would like to thank you for your recent stay and subsequent review of The Hotel Blackhawk.
It's always great when a guest tries our ammenities and walks away completely satisfied, But it warms our hearts when they share it with the world.We look forward to seeing you in the future. If I can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me directly.
563-484-5911
Reviewed May 14, 2011

Hotel Blackhawk is the perfect stopping point on my way to Omaha. The decor is beautiful, elegant and very relaxing. The only downsides for me were that the bathroom included only a shower. All of the pictures online made it look like there would be a shower and a separate tub. I was really looking forward to a bath after a long drive. I thought I could fill that need by soaking in the hot tub in the beautiful pool area. Sadly, that was filled with a bunch of children in the hotel for some sort of dance conference. Another disappointing thing was that the much touted in-mirror bathroom tv wasn't working. Not that I needed it since I couldn't take a bath. That said, the rooms are stunning, especially for the price. I would
stay here again BUT I would make the reservation directly with the hotel and request a room with a tub.

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank Richelle67
Dear Richelle67,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay. The compliments were great, But we really appreciate the great feedback about your room accommodations.
It is true we have a variety of rooms; some feature full glass showers and bathtubs , while others offer either the tub or the shower. I apologize for the confusion and will definitely look into the verbiage we currently have posted on our website concerning this matter. We pride ourselves on fullfilling every guest need, And again apologize we were not able to meet all of yours. In the future you can contact me directly and I will ensure all requests are met, Afterall I can definitely relate to relaxing in a hot bath after a long trip. Please do not hesitate to call if you find yourself moving through our area again, and thank you again for the excellent review.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 7, 2011

The Hotel Blackhawk is conveniently located near some wonderful Davenport sites, such as the River Music Experience and Figge Art Museum. It's an Art-Deco, recently-renovated hotel that offers comfort and class without being "stuffy." We loved the comfortable bed, cozy robes...and I enjoyed soaking in the tub while watching TV in the bathroom! We'd love to go back!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear "Love The Memories",
Your feedback on your recent stay was wonderful, and we thank you for all of your kind words.
Being located in Chicago hopefully you will find many more opportunities to come our way and stay with us again. With all of the local events and activities the cities are working hard to put together I am sure we can find a reason for the both of you to visit. Thank you again!
Omaha
Reviewed March 29, 2011

A very nice hotel that was just recently renovated, the rooms were very nice. When we first got there the first room we had the heat did not work but they quickly moved us to another room. We enjoyed the two days we stayed at the hotel.

The problem we have is that when we recieved our credit card bill there was an extra $22 on a seperate billing. We called the hotel and found out it was a charge for the mini bar in our room. We had not taken anything from the mini bar. We called the hotel and they indicated that they would remove the charge! Our next credit card bill gave us a credit for $4. I didn't call back again but thought I would warn others to review thier credit card bills and make sure they don't get ripped off!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank vspilker
Dear Vspilker,
We have made some terrific advances since your recent stay, and I am confident our service standards would score much higher if given another opportunity to host you as our guest. I apologize for the below par service you experienced on your last stay, and further apologize that the issue at hand was not fully taken care of. I have tried to look up your stay unfortunately with limited information I have not been able to correct the billing situation. If you could please contact us one more time and talk to me personally I assure you I can resolve the problem in its entirety. I am glad you were able to enjoy your experience while you were here, but look forward to making the shortcomings up to you in the future.
Garrison Gardner
Also consider these accommodations in or near Davenport
Radisson Quad City Plaza Hotel
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Davenport
Hampton Inn Davenport
Hampton Inn Davenport
#1 of 26 in Davenport
Homewood Suites by Hilton Davenport
Hilton Garden Inn Bettendorf / Quad Cities
Radisson on John Deere Commons

Been to Hotel Blackhawk, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!