“Very good steakhouse for adults”

Mo Brady's Steakhouse
Ranked #46 of 301 Restaurants in Davenport
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
USA
“Very good steakhouse for adults”
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Mo Brady's has become our go to restaurant for steaks. Meat is of good quality and has always been cooked as ordered. The waitstaff know their stuff. Conversation is possible even at big tables, I don't remember any TV's or background music. It is kind of a bother to have to pay at the register. Mo Brady's is cheaper than Tappa's (best steaks in town in an unappealing neighborhood) and is much more subdued than Texas Roadhouse.

Entry to Mo Brady's parking lot is from East 50th Street between busy US 61 northbound (Brady Street) and southbound (Welcome Way).

Visited May 2014
1 Thank hoogo

Stockbridge, Wisconsin
“Over rated”
Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

Went here last night and the locals were raving about it, sorry didn't see it. Lack luster to say the least. Food good but luke warm...everything a little over done. Waiter was nice but that does not fix what comes out of the kitchen. 1 and done here I won't be back.

Visited April 2014
Eastern Iowa
“Great food - reasonable prices”
Reviewed April 5, 2014

Have eaten here many times and have never had a bad experience. Wait staff is always efficient and courteous. A special they sometimes offer is a Boetje's mustard salmon and it is wonderful. Best shrimp around too.

• Visited March 2014
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
“Passed it many times... glad we stopped!”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

My wife and I wanted a steak dinner, so we decided to try Mo Brady's. Even though it was a Saturday night and the parking lot was full, our wait was less than 15 minutes. Initial service was prompt... we had our drinks, soup (French Onion) and salad fairly quickly... but we had to wait 30 minutes after we had finished our soup/salad for our entree to be served. We were both highly satisfied with the quality, preparation and taste of our entrees. I had the 28 oz "cowboy" ribeye (excellently seasoned!) and my wife had the Bourbon steak.

I have one complaint. I ordered 2 pints of draft beer during my meal. Both were delivered with large foamy heads (i.e. not a full pour). When I pointed this out to our waitress (and later to a manager who inquired about our satisfaction), I was given the excuse that the girl behind the bar was new and very busy. I wanted to reply that I would not have brought the beer to my customer unless it was a good pour... but I didn't! Neither our waitress nor the manager indicated that the bartender would receive feedback so she could improve her technique.

Bartender beer bungle notwithstanding, I will come back in the future. Great meal... good value. Next time, I may try the ribs!

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank CDRKMP
palm harbor, fl
“great find”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Travel to Davenport to see family several times a year. Grew up in the QCs so I'm familiar with the area. Have been going to Biaggi's or Bud's Skyline for dinner but found Mo Brady's just 2 blocks from the hotel so thought we'd try it. I gave the place 5 stars not because it's the best place I've been to but because virtually everything worked. From the coat check room at the entrance to the ice cream after dinner drinks in the small bar, everything was just right. The waitress was very pleasant and spot-on with everything, the food was really good and cooked just right and the bartender knew what she was doing and didn't even frown when we ordered a couple of ice cream drinks....Will be going back there next time we're in the area.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank HMS66

Been to Mo Brady's Steakhouse? Share your experiences!