“Good Food, Good Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Tantra

Tantra
Ranked #20 of 295 Restaurants in Davenport
Cuisines: Thai, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Fairfax, Virginia
“Good Food, Good Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014

Very nice menu with many selections. Black Pepper Garlic with chicken was tasty but a bit bland. The Pad Thai was nice as was the chicken satay. Friendly wait staff. Clean restaurant inside and outside. Clean restrooms. Comfortable atmosphere. Friendly prices. Ample parking. While my dining experience was not bad, it was simply average, I will not go out of my way to return.

• Visited June 2014

West Jordan, Utah
“Very pleased!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

Good food and excellent service!!! Menu is quite varied with Chinese, Thai, and Korean dishes. We really enjoyed the chicken dumpling appetizer. Very tasty!!!

Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
“Great Asian Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014

Hard to believe I found a place like this Iowa. Eveything was handcrafted and delicious. Will eat here again when in the area

Visited March 2014
Portland, Oregon
“Quad Cities Hot Spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

Owner Kevin and his team give you great service with amazing Asian cuisine. All dishes were great especially the seafood hot and sour soup. Great atmosphere as well with good wine list etc. Locals love this place as well.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank sfobes
Louisville, KY
“My Favorite Place to Eat....ANYWHERE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

Tantra is the one thing I miss most about Iowa. This small, upscale little restaurant on 53rd St in Davenport is my favorite place to eat ANYWHERE.

Their calamari is flash friend with a tempora batter and served hot with sweet chili sauce. I have had fresh calamari from all over the World and you will never taste a finer dish than here! Each bite melts in your mouth. It's not at all chewy or tough. Perfect!

I also love their take on sesame chicken. It's served (perfectly cooked) with a sweet sauce and a bowl of white rice. I found the portions to be filling as usual... but not too much. I just wish I'd had room for desert!

Another delight at Tantra is their full bar. The bartender made me a mint chocolate martini (ok - he made me several of them) and he made my friend a pomegranate martini that was ALMOST better than my chocolate mint one! lol I could have stayed all night.

Finally - and by far the most impressive - was the service. The waitress who served us remembered me from my last visit - 2 years ago! She even remembered where I sat and what I ordered. I was blown away.

This place is a MUST for anyone who is close enough to enjoy it. I have taken several of my foodie friends here and they have all loved it!

...and - if you want to make an impression on Valentines Day - check out Tantra's Dinner for Two. It's incredible!

Visited December 2013