“Food and service where BAD, Will never come back”
Review of Tantra

Tantra
Ranked #20 of 300 Restaurants in Davenport
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Davenport, Iowa
“Food and service where BAD, Will never come back”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

My wife and I visit the restaurant one Friday evening , we had try other Thai restaurant in the area that are excellent, however this one is close to our home so we decided to give it a try, what a mistake!,. We came in and about 10 people were in the place, the whole place was almost empty, the host didn’t seem to really care, it took her about 5 minutes to knowledge our presence and guide us to our table, it took about 10 minutes for someone to come by to take our order, once we placed our order it took our drinks took 10min and my wife tea was stone cold, we were ready to order our food but the waitress was nowhere in sight, once we finally got to order and got our food it was cold. The place is not clean and the staff doesn’t seem to care about the customers. We will never return,

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Juan R

Bountiful, Utah
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hands down the best restaurant in the QC”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

After discovering Tantra, it has become my family's favorite restaurant. Every single menu item we have tried is incredible, the prices are very reasonable, and the atmosphere is top notch. It is a restaurant that everyone in the QC area must try!

• Visited July 2013
Des Moines, Iowa, United States
“Yum!”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

In Davenport for work and found Tantra on Trip Advisor...so glad we did! Food was fresh and delicious, with a good variety to choose from, including Udon Noodles, Korean ribs, various curries, fried rice, and seafood dishes. I had the chile fried rice with extra veggies, which was delicious and just a bit spicy. Colleagues had the green curry, salmon pad thai, and thai fajitas--all were happy. Service was excellent, and prices were very reasonable, especially given the quality. Beer selection was also very good, so nothing but good things to say about Tantra. I would love to come back!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Jennifer B
Peoria, Illinois
“a great find”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I took my bestie to Tantra for her birthday this past September. She suggested it and it was wonderful. Upscale Asian food, best quality ingredients, attentive service, great drinks. Will definitely be back!!

• Visited September 2013
“Beautiful Decor and Good Food”
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Went here for lunch on Saturday. I had the Asian pear martini that was advertised on the sign outside. It was really tasty and garnished with a slice of fresh pear. They had a nice drink menu and a good selection of beer. The food was overall pretty good. We had the spicy Thai lettuce cup appetizer and the coconut shrimp appetizer. The lettuce cups were good but not really what I expected from the menu description. The coconut shrimp was nice and had a delicious sweet orange sauce with it. My entree was a porkchop special. The porkchop was cooked nicely but I wish it had a more flavorful seasoning on it. Came with broccoli and a tasty rice side with pineapples, cashews, and raisins in it. The rice was my favorite part of the entree. He had the crying tiger beef. The sauce was really spicy but it came on the side. The beef was tasty but he came across a few pieces that were extremely gristly that you couldn't
even bite through. Everything is well thought out and the menu is huge. I will definitely go to this place again

• Visited September 2013