“Worth clming off I 80”

Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Pueblo, Colorado
“Worth clming off I 80”
Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

All the food was excellent. The green bean tempura appetizer was perfectly prepared. My son who has his favorite Thai places was skeptical but agreed. He had the red currie which was spicy but not overwealming. The interior is modern and pleasant with jazz music playing. I'm glad we found this place on Trip Advisor.

• Visited May 2013

Davenport, Iowa
“Beautiful Interior - Great Service - Excellent Food”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Unexpected beautiful zen decor -- unexpected because the restaurant is in a strip mall. Love the tempura green bean appetizer. My husband always orders the eggplant dish and says it is one of the best he's ever had. Lots of choices, reasonably priced, can't go wrong if you like asian fusion/thai.

Visited April 2013
West Lafayette, Indiana
“A Gem - Just Off I80”
Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here for lunch on our way to Seattle. We were the first to arrive for lunch (@11:15) and within minutes the dining area was 1/2 full. By the time we left it was 3/4 full; a good sign for us. The ambiance is great with a large vertical waterfall. Very soothing after road travel. The service was prompt and friendly. The entire place was clean; including the restrooms. We ordered four entrees - Thai Chili Cashew w/shrimp, Pad Thai w/shrimp, Yellow Curry w/chicken & Sweet and Sour Chicken. The entrees were a perfect size portion - ample but not too much. The flavors were clean & had depth. You can be gluten-free and vegetarian here with no problem. The entrees came with either a soup (hot & sour) or salad. I had the soup. It was spicy which I like. If you don't like spicy then opt for the salad. I highly recommend making a stop.

Visited May 2013
Grand Rapids MI
“Great food off I80”
Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

Gotta love trip advisor. This gem of a restaurant is minutes from I80. Go South on 61 about 1 mile, turn left on E 53rd, Tantra is within .5 mile on the right. Pad Thai with a large salmon fillet. Husband had panang curry. A couple of Tsing Taos and we are fortified for the drive back to MI.

• Visited April 2013
Toronto, Canada
“You could be forgiven for throwing a tantra if you couldn't come here.”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

How do you people find out about these places? Tantra is nowhere near anything any tourist would ever visit, and you'd never come across it by accident. But thank you all for the tip.

Very pleasant decor, reasonable prices and superb food. But the service.... could do with some improvement. I wasn't familiar with the beers offered so asked for some advice. Hey, the waiter pours these beers, so he should know something. No, apparently not. We said we liked amber or hoppy beers. He had a blank look and asked if we wanted a light beer. Okay, I'll choose blind. And no, he doesn't pour the beer, he just brings it.

He also brought the food, but that was the last time he came until it was time to clear the plates. Never refilled the water, never asked how things were. Could have sold me another beer to go with the spicy food, if he'd come by.

But never mind. It was about the food. And that was excellent. Delicious stir-fry and a curry, as well as an appetizer that's hard to describe. Not that it matters. From what we saw other tables were happy with their selections as well.

While well away from points of interest, it was actually quite easily accessible from I-80 or I-74. Worth the drive.

• Visited April 2013