“Excellent food and atmosphere!”
Review of Tantra

Tantra
Ranked #20 of 297 Restaurants in Davenport
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Excellent food and atmosphere!”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Ive been coming here for years and never have had a bad experiance. The atmosphere is very unique and food/service is 5 star without a dought. Staff is friendly and the bathrooms are clean and neat. I will continue to go here for years to come.

2 Thank QCRiver

EM, Illinois
“Great Food, Service, and Atmosphere”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

My husband and I decided to try Tantra for one of our date nights. We like to try different restaurants in our area that we have never been to and decided on Tantra due to some of the reviews we had read. One of the reviews said that it was a quiet place and it was not recommended for children. This is exactly what we were looking for. Nothing against children but when I work all day with children I don't like to sit next to a couple or a family with children who are screaming. My husband and I just wanted to sit quietly and talk.

We went on a Friday evening. There were several patrons in the restaurant but it was still relatively quiet. Although you could hear the piped music playing and the water from the water wall, we were able to carry on a nice conversation without distraction.

The service was excellent. Our server Kelly was attentive yet we didn't feel pressured. She allowed us plenty of time to look over the menu which is quite large I might ad. The prices were very reasonable for the portion size. I ended up taking part of my meal home.

There were plenty of choices on the menu including seafood items, wok, and stir fry. We started our dinner with the tempura fried green beans. They were amazing. I could have made them a meal. The portion was huge. The green beans were light and crispy and the plum dipping sauce added just a touch of sweetness. For our entrees my husband had the mango coconut chicken and I had the basil chicken. My husband loved the mango coconut chicken. I was a little surprised since he doesn't really care for sweets. He let me taste it and it was really good. It really wasn't all that sweet. There were pieces of mango, raisins, chicken, rice, and topped with coconut. My basil chicken was just right. I like a little spice in my food so this was the perfect choice. Not too spicy but just enough of a kick. The vegetables were crispy and the chicken was cut into thin pieces so it was easy to cut. The jasmine rice gave the dish the added touch to tone down the spice in the dish if that is what you want.

Our experience at Tantra was great and we are looking forward to going again and trying something different off the menu but we will start our dining experience with the tempura fried green beans.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank K-teacherEM
Moline, Illinois
“Atmosphere”
Reviewed June 16, 2012

Atmosphere w/exceptional appetizers. A little high, but portions were fair and my wife and I felt like we were in our own little world.

Visited February 2012
USA
“Still the best.”
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Wonderful. Well prepared and beautifully presented by excellent waitstaff. I like each dish I have tried. My wife likes the salmon and the eggplant dishes.

• Visited June 2012
Bettendorf, Iowa
“Great food, as always”
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Consistently great food. Relaxing atmosphere for the most part. Of the Thai (fusion) restaurants in the area, this is by far the best.

Visited May 2012