“The Cheddar Ale Soup is the Best!”
Review of Granite City

Granite City
Ranked #17 of 300 Restaurants in Davenport
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Chicago, Illinois
“The Cheddar Ale Soup is the Best!”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Great restaurant and micro-brewery. Lots of choices and everything is great! You must try the cheddar ale soup, it is what keeps bringing me back!

Visited January 2013

Maryland, United States
“Delightful”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

We had to wait for soup and bread then food came out before we could slice bread. However we were very pleased with both our meals and beers.

Coal Valley, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Granite City review”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Granite City has a brunch that is very delightful - the atmosphere is very modern (which I like) and the service is great -
The food quality is above average where you will want to return again -
I highly recommend stopping here for a cocktail, appetizer or dinner - but if you do have the time in the morning, try the brunch -
My friends always have Granite City on the top of our list when deciding where where we want eat and socialize. It is one of the best in the Quad Cities.

• Visited February 2012
New York City, New York
“Bar server REBECCA unable to listen; got order wrong; served other guy wrong beer; almost stabbed me w/ bread knife”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

OMG! Went to this place on a Tuesday night at 6pm and sat at the bar and was greeted by Rebecca who seemed more interested in talking with her co-workers versus paying attention to customers.
ATTENTION TO DETAIL is so important when being a server. All you have to do is listen to the customer.
I ordered the Salmon Oscar but she entered plain salmon. Salmon Oscar is $19.95, plain salmon is $14.99. She got it wrong by down-sizing the order. She lost the company money because she can't listen.
Luckily the other server behind the bar delivered the food - and I questioned that it wasn't Salmon Oscar. This other (cute blonde) bar server immediately went to the back and had the order corrected.
Rebecca was clueless! She served the guy next to me the wrong beer. He had to ask her to correct this. Why isn't she paying attention to her job and serving the customer correctly?
Rebecca also almost stabbed me with the bread knife when removing my bread tray from the bar. Knife slid around and pointed right at my neck. Close one!
I think Rebecca should consider working in the back as a dish washer - a job where she doesn't need to be burdened by the customer. She can't seem to get it right.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank JimB_Traveler
Iowa
“Breakfast Buffet”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

The weekend breakfast buffet is one of the best in the city. It is not cheap, but the trade of for the quality and quantity of food.

Visited September 2012