“Reasonable price and clean, but not many extras.”
Review of Cresco Motel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Cresco Motel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Cresco
Clinton, Iowa
“Reasonable price and clean, but not many extras.”
Reviewed August 11, 2011

Two adults and a boy of 16 years of age comprised our party. A reservation via telephone was made a day ahead, using a website for the motel that showed a photo of the room we requested. The motel is conventional, with parking just outside of the room. The motel is set back from the highway enough to be quiet, and no disturbing traffic noise was noted.Check-in is out front, near the roadway, and the motel clerk seemed to live in quarters connected to the office, alerted by a door chime. The room was a 2 bed arrangement, double beds, but they seemed of rather small dimension, close quarters but sufficient. The room also had a minimal desk, and a wall-mounted air system which worked well on a hot day. The bath was also small, with a tub-shower combination. All was clean and tidy, and our small pet dog was also permitted. Not many frills, but if sleep and rest, and not much more is what you want, the Cresco Motel can fill the bill. It has wireless internet also!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank dadmw1

Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed October 21, 2010

We stayed here for Luther College's "Family Weekend" - me, spouse, and 14-year-old in one room, my parents in another. The rooms were very clean, shower was great, everything very quiet. The people in the office were not all that friendly, though. Not surly or rude, just bored/tired. Great price though and I was so worried it might be dirty/noisy/full of bedbugs or other bugs, overall a pleasant experience. We'd prefer to stay in Decorah, but we'd consider this again if need be.

Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Milwaukee
Reviewed June 17, 2010

I have stayed at this facility in the past - very nice both times. You can't beat the interior of the rooms for the price. From the second you walk into your room, you can smell the "cleanliness" of the air. You know that you are walking into a clean room before you even turn the lights on. Much of the room has been updated, and the place is very comfortable.

Do not expect all the frills of major hotels (no shampoo or breakfast bar) - but if you are looking for a clean, nice, and affordable place to crash for the night (or for a week) - this is a great place to do it! Have stayed here before, will stay again if my travels bring me the the Cresco, IA area!

(I travel all over the country with my job, and I contribute on EVERY hotel I stay in. Trip Advisor has been a great tool for me, and I contribute fairly, for both good and bad facilities.)

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank FunnyFisher
Leaf River, IL.
Reviewed May 7, 2008

Small Quiet Comfortable Rooms. If you ever stayed at a Super 8 or other Motels that have all the rooms inside and the entrance doors to the rooms facing each other you know how noisy it is. Not Here, The rooms all have outside entrance doors. The best sleep I have had in a Motel in ages. It's not the Ritz, but it's clean, quiet and inexpensive.

• Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Steve5530
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed August 23, 2007

My 5 year old daughter and I visit this area on an annual basis but had never stayed here before. The motel is quiet and well located; however, we like to have our room cool especially for sleeping. We spent 3 nights here and the rooms are fairly new, as well as the air conditioning units. The first night, I turned the air conditioner to its coolest setting and turned the fan on high. I couldn't tell any difference from low to high setting but thought if I left it at the coolest setting the room would be cool in no time. We spent very little time in the room, except to sleep. The next night the room was still not very cool but it was acceptable. The third and final night, we returned to our room very late only to find heat blowing from the unit with it still set at the coolest setting. Yes, the "Heat/Cool" switch was still set on Cool so I turned it off completely and opened the door for an hour to cool the room off.
Another thing that I thought was strange was having to pay for the room upon arrival.
Next time we will stay at a different motel, even though there are only two in this town.

Stayed August 2007
1 Thank Akomarek

Travelers are raving about these Cresco hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 7, 2003

Small-town, basic, no frills motel. Clean, quiet, cheap. Small but adequate rooms (Double beds, no queen or king that we know of) Nice spot if your expection is a good shower and a good nights sleep. Friendly owners who can probably direct you to the nearest trout stream or county fair. On major highway, walk to the Pizza Hut (with good spagetti dinner and salad bar if you're hungry, no gourmet here) a block away. Gave it an "above average" because most small town motels are frightening experiences!

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cresco
Country Inn By Carlson, Decorah
#1 of 2 in Cresco
Super 8 Decorah
Super 8 Decorah
#4 of 4 in Decorah

Been to Cresco Motel? Share your experiences!