“Great value for a great stay”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #17 of 25 Hotels in Council Bluffs
Reviewed December 15, 2009

After a 2-hour delay at my layover and landing in Omaha in 10 inches of snow, all I wanted to do was lay down and rest. I called from the airport and let them know that my 9:50 pm flight wasn't going to get in until after midnight. The clerk said no problem, they wouldn't charge me for that night, and my room was ready. The maintenance man came out and helped me trudge my bags across the snow. The clerk offered me fresh hot coffee and a warm blanket she had just popped out of the dryer. What a warm invitation! My room was a King suite, and had plenty of room for myself and 2 friends who stopped by during the week. The bed was extremely comfortable, and having the extra sofabed was beneficial for my overnight guests. The WiFi was reliable during my entire trip. Although I didn't use the housekeeping service (I slept in too late everyday), they were very courteous and accommodating when I needed to exchange towels and restock toiletries. The breakfast was more than enough to satisfy even the pickiest eater, and the warm cookies in the evening was a pleasant treat. I did not get to use the pool, hot tub, or exercise room. When my departing flight was delayed, they had no problems in getting me late checkout, and didn't hound me about leaving. The only thing I would do different is to ask for a room NOT facing the parking lot. The curtains didn't exactly close all the way, so you could never tell if someone walking past could see in your room.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank butta1898

Reviewed December 13, 2009

Rooms were nice and roomy. Hotel was very clean staff was courteous. Location near riverboat casinos.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed July 23, 2009

Everything was so comfy! there was 2 beds and a couch in the room which accomodated my whole family!! it was great the rooms were very spacious and clean! Staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was great!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank evansb
Reviewed June 25, 2009

I booked two nights here during College World Series, there were not a lot of options left in town as far as hotel rooms... The staff at front desk were genuinely friendly and attentive... always greeted me with a smile! My room was very very clean and the king suite was huge! I was running late on my check-out, and they graciously gave me a very "late" check-out time. I would absolutely stay here again and recommend it to friends and family.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank Hermama040
Reviewed October 7, 2008

The pool is 4'6" deep all the way around, so this wasn't the best place to bring six small children for a birthday trip. We went to the zoo and wanted to go swimming, but the water was too deep for some of the smaller children. In other words, there is no shallow end. Secondly, the TV was not working in one of our rooms, and when we complained, they said it couldn't be fixed, and there were no other rooms available that were close to each other. They wanted to put some of us on another floor! No maintenance person was on duty, so if this had been a major emergency...we would have had to leave and find another place to stay (at 8:00 p.m.). But the worst thing that happened was while we were eating breakfast the next morning. A housekeeper came into one of our rooms and started cleaning it, even though we had not checked out and it was clear that the room was still being occupied. She stripped sheets off the beds, moved furniture, and threw some of our items into piles! After discovering that this had happened, we realized some of our things were missing. After recovering several of them from her cleaning cart, we still could not find my son's Nintendo DS. After searching for an hour, we called the police to come investigate and question the housekeeper. It did not show up and I just got off the phone with the manager (because she was not on duty at the time it happened), and she was very rude and kept arguing with me. She says they are not responsible for lost or stolen items. I asked her "what about when it involves one of your employees?" She had no intelligent response. So what it boils down to is that we have to take either the hotel and/or the housekeeper to court and we're pressing charges against the housekeeper for unlawful entry and possible robbery. Even the police officer AND the lady working at the front desk that morning agreed that the housekeeper should not have entered our room unless it was clear that it was vacant. It was VERY much occupied and she knew that.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
4  Thank Annee77
Reviewed August 13, 2008

Have stayed at other Comfort Suites that were much nicer. There was some construction going on with scaffolding across the front of the hotel - they're doing updates. The hotel is older than it looks in the pictures and in a very unattractive area. Front desk gave directions off of Interstate, but road closed and had to make stop to call them again. Night staff Darryl very nice despite road conditions and ensured my safety from car to the hotel lobby.
Called Hotel direct Reserved smoke free room and whole hotel supposed to be smoke free but my room reaked of cigarette smoke. The bed was comfortable but the comforter full of cigarette smoke (sheets clean). Reported this to AM staff on duty Jessica acknowledged renovations but argued with me that noone could have smoked in that room. She repeately argued that room hadn't been smoked in and I should have asked for it to be OZONED. That just doesn't work! Arrived in the late hours and after driving for 12 hours and didn't realized how bad it was until I was in bed. Recent Cigarette burns in carpet and TV. That doesn't work when you are highly allergic to smoke. I am now suffering from an upper respitory trouble. Ice machine broken. I was going to stay two nights but checked out the next morning. The night staff were super, however, very friendly and helpful. Would think twice about every staying there again.

Stayed: August 2008
Reviewed July 29, 2008

We have stayed at other Comfort Suites that were much nicer. There was some construction going on with scaffolding across the front of the hotel so hopefully they are doing updates. The hotel is older than it looks in the pictures and in a very unattractive area. It is supposed to be smoke free but our room reaked of cigarette smoke. The high speed internet didn't work and the staff acknowledged that they have problems with it. They were very strict in enforcing the breakfast hours unplugging the toaster and waffle maker precisely at 9:00 a.m. even though there were many guests still eating. The front desk staff were super, however, very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)