“They Need To Replace The Beds and Pillows....”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in Council Bluffs
Glasgow
“They Need To Replace The Beds and Pillows....”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

My husband and I have stayed at many Comfort Suites Hotels and to be honest, this one was probably our least favorite. The beds and pillows are outdated and in need of replacing. The second floor guest laundry facility was out of order the entire time we were there. The prices were high considering the condition of the beds and pillows. I CAN HONESTLY SAY, MY HUSBAND AND I TOSSED AND TURNED THE TWO NIGHTS WE WERE THERE. The maids however, were the BEST!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
KC
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I recently stayed here. The room had a bad odor to it and the smell of chlorine when you walked into the front door like to knock you over. With this being said the food area was right around the corner from this. So needless to say I did not eat anything they offered. The comforters on the bed were stained with bleach. The sheets were bleached so much that I broke out in hives! More is not better! The carpets need changing the fridge needed changed out the phone did not work.
For the money this is not your typical Nice upscale Comfort Suites Inn. I am very surprised they have allowed them to keep the name. I am very picky where I stay. I will not be staying there again!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank G Z
Omaha, Nebraska, Usa
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I stayed on a Sat night with some friends.It had some new features,however the old features shown through.The odor of chlorine was so strong we could smell it on the 3rd floor.I can say the room was clean.This is the type of hotel that you would stay at if you were traveling through and needed to sleep and get going right away in the morning.They did have a complimentary breakfast,I did not go to it.I'm not planning on staying here in my near future.If I did have my kids with me,I wouldn't of let them in the pool or hot tub.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Lincoln
Reviewed October 23, 2013

the staff were all friendly, the room was comfortable the air conditioner was quiet as well as the rest of the hotel. We were pleased with our stay here. The only thing that didn't work out was the wifi wasn't working when we tried to get on. The staff told us the building was having a few issues with it and that it was kinda hit and miss. The office staff was nice and looked up the store we were trying to locate and gave us directions, address and store hours. The breakfast was nice as it had a few options that other hotels oftan don't offer. We would definately stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Juniper25_2000
Carlton,MN
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I'm sorry to say but this hotel needs many updates for being a Comfort Suites. Wall paper coming off of walls in many places. Carpet very stained. Bathroom very small. Air conditioner must be as old as hotel and loud. I would not recommend this to anyone. I do have to say employees were very nice and helpful. The breakfast buffet was very nice and that is probably only good thing. I do believe the persons who clean the room did best they could with condition it was in. I would not suggest this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lillian M

Travelers are raving about these Council Bluffs hotels

Jackson, Mississippi
Reviewed August 17, 2013

This Comfort Inn & Suites has one plus (a plus that happens to be extremely important to me): the internet connectivity was good. Everything else was average or below. The only place I could find to get a decent (just decent -- not especially good) dinner was an overpriced steak house in the casino across the street. My room was not clean. The cord on the coffee maker didn't reach the nearby outlet -- I had to move it into the bathroom. The people in the room above mine shook the floor (my ceiling) with what sounded like a bowling game. (Fortunately that noise stopped by about 10 pm.) Then there were some trivial things that added to the overall ambience of the room -- e.g., a fly buzzing around and a dripping bathtub faucet when I arrived (which I was able to turn off). I would not cringe at the thought of having to stay at this hotel again -- I've stayed in plenty of worse places. But it is not a hotel I would recommend.

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dallas
Reviewed August 14, 2013

All comfort Inns, except one on the east side of Albuquerque, have been good. I had been on a motorcycle trip with some camping. I had 1300 miles to cover in two days to get back home so I was pinched for time. I did not want to travel much after 7:30 as that would put me at the halfway point. I was about ready for a fuel stop and I saw the Comfort Inn too. I wasn't going to stay but go to the station by it. I by passed the station a figured it was time to get a place. Good choice. I took advantage of the hot tub and pool. The breakfast was the usual. The staff was friendly and helpful. Everything was clean. Price was about what I expected for a Comfort Inn. It is in what appears to be some what industrial but that was not a problem.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo