“Fair Hotel”

Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in Council Bluffs
Iowa
“Fair Hotel”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I arrived for work. Stayed one night and heard the air conditioning dripping. Kept me awake somewhat. I did sleep and when I woke up I noticed the AC was dripping steadily on the inside of building on carpet in room. I spoke to the hotel manager and told her of this as well as a "present" left for me in my toilet when I checked in... After checking out and eating breakfast I went out to my vehicle to get my coffee cup, upon coming back in I went to the guest restroom located near the breakfast area to rinse out my cup. I walked in and the smell was terrible. Someone had left a very nasty "present" in that restroom also. I again told the manager. She said she would have someone get to it "right away" Approx 30 minutes later one of my co-workers went to the restroom and it was still not flushed or cleaned. I believe the manager needs to discuss further with housekeeping... Hotel is in great area and at a fair price. the breakfast is well kept area and staff was very polite.

Room Tip: get a room on the north side away from the train traffic
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Saint Joseph, Missouri
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Very nice hotel. Polite and helpful staff. Room clean and well maintained. Only complaint were the pillows are small. They are soft but half the size of normal pillows. Location is close to entertainment and good restraunts. Will stay here again!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We stayed here on a family cross country trip and it was a good hotel with a nice room at a great price. The staff was very friendly and the room was average, yet clean and comfortable. This hotel is located right off I-29 and I-80 so it is very convenient for a traveling family. Equally, it is located minutes away from the downtown Omaha area (Old Towne Omaha) and Henry Doorly Zoo. This is a great spot that I would recommend to any family. They also have a free breakfast that offers staples such as cereal, muffins, biscuits and gravy, eggs, oatmeal...and some really good coffee.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 10, 2013

We stayed at the Comfort Suites in Council Bluffs, Iowa at the end of April on a cross country trip. It was just what we needed after a long day of driving---well located near both highways 80 and 29, efficient and friendly front desk, a clean, comfortable and quiet room, plus a good breakfast the next day. We will come back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I first stayed here on a long motorcycle trip last spring. I was stressed from a horrible, windy ride. The manager's warm greeting and the comfortable room helped me get ready for the last stretch to Newton, Iowa. So when we needed a hotel again this spring, we chose this one. It didn't disappoint. We arrived late and exhausted from a day of helping our son move. We were again greeted warmly and given a room one floor up next to the elevator. It was huge, easily the size of two normal rooms, with a couple of couches and extra armchairs, not to mention a comfortable king sized bed. The extra sink came in handy as we hurried to get ready to fall in the bed. Elevator noise was not a problem, nor was the temperature in the room. We had time the next morning to enjoy a leisurely breakfast. It's free, there's plenty of it, and it's good. We recommend this hotel to anyone coming to the Omaha area, especially if the Iowa-side casinos are your goal. But it's literally a hop, skip, and jump to downtown and the Old Market, to TD Ameritrade Park, to the Henry Doorly Zoo and Lauritzen Gardens. Check out downtown Council Bluffs, too--it's pretty funky. It's a family-friendly hotel that offers good things to everyone.

Room Tip: On both stays, the rooms have been excellent.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Sioux City, Iowa
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We stayed at this hotel April 13 for a one night stay. We reserved a king room. When we arrived they allowed us to check in early and we even got an upgrade to a suite. Everyone at the front desk was really helpful, especially Ricky! She was great. The casinos can pick you up here and you don't have to worry about driving, parking, etc. They have a hot breakfast, but we went down there too late and there wasn't much left. This was a nice hotel for the price, and customer service made our stay :)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Minnesota
Reviewed April 9, 2013

The hotel was very nice and clean. The rooms were big. The elevator was out-dated, they should look at replacing that. The pool was small, but we had no need to swim during our trip anyway. The desk boy was a little immature, but we didnt need him but to check in. The location is great for people who want to go to casinos. The movie theater isnt far, and next to the theater is a go kart place that we kept hearing great things about. There's a great Texas Roadhouse down the way.
Overall, I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Great place!

Room Tip: Elevator is slow, so 1st floor would be best.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Comfort Inn at the Zoo
Comfort Inn at the Zoo
#51 of 82 in Omaha
Best Western Crossroads Of The Bluffs
Best Western Crossroads Of The B...
#12 of 24 in Council Bluffs
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Council Bluffs
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#11 of 24 in Council Bluffs

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!