“The managers yelled at me!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in Council Bluffs
“The managers yelled at me!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2011

I booked a group of rooms for a wedding group, but when we all arrived the rooms were not on record. The staff at the front desk tried to accomodate us, but they did not have enough rooms of the right bed numbers to accomodate everyone as we should have had with our block of rooms.

When i told Deb, the operations manager, about some check in issues my group had she was useless in helping us work out room rate issues (some of my guests were paying more than others and we were all to have the same rate). She said she couuldnt do anything until her boss David came on Monday (this was friday at this point). I told her that was too late so she rudely gave me David's phone number to contact him.

David was rude and blamed me, claiming the rooms were never reserved, which was not right! I wanted to talk the the hotel GM but he refused to give me a contact number and said that the GM would back him up anyway so i was wasting my time and his!

The rudest people i have ever dealt with and the worst customer service!

• Stayed March 2011
3 Thank trrravelller
rlwhite, Vice-President of Operations at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, May 31, 2011
I assure you this is not an accurate portrayal of my staff or my hotel. As always, there are two sides to every situation. This particular group didn't "pick-up" any of their rooms in their block and their block wasn't guaranteed with a credit card and the block was cancelled on the cut off date. All of this is common practice and procedure when dealing with group blocks. When the group arrived at our hotel and we discovered there weren't any confirmed reservations, my staff scrambled to accommodate the group. All were given the rooms they requested, with one exception. One room was a king instead of the requested double queen. This king was our last room available for the night. We were sold out for the next 3 nights. The confusion started with their arrival and despite our best attempts to accommodate their needs, there was no way to please them.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2011

This was the worst trip i have ever taken in my life because off all my hotel mishaps. First i arrived and tried to check in, but was informed that the room i reserved had been given away to someone else! Then they tried to offer me another room, but one that did not have enough beds/sleeping space for everyone i was with. Next, i was given a room that already had people in it!!! And then i finally got a room with a broken toilet and had to move to yet another room.

I tried to explain my issues to the Manager Deb the following morning, but she did not seem to care and said she would forward the information to her boss David. When i heard from David he was very rude, unaccomodating, and harsh with me about my complaints.

Upon trying to enjoy my day in the city, i discovered my debit card had ALL of my funds being held because the hotel authorized my card for EVERY room they tried to put me in the night prior! They had over $300 authorized, which was nearly all the money i had!

I asked the hotel managers to correct this as now i had no money for anything, not even gas money to drive home! They did nothing and again blamed me and scolded me for ALLOWING then to run my card so many times!!! What?!?!

I wanted to just leave the hotel because i had had enough, but i didnt even have any money available to go anywhere else! They had me stranded because of their mistakes, blamed me for their wrongdoings, and offered me nothing for my troubles that they caused and refused to correct the issue. Then when i asked for my registration card at checkout so i could have proof of my issues they refused even though i am entitled to have a copy of everything i sign! They were covering up because they knew they screwed up!

NEVER STAY HERE UNLESS YOU ARE OKAY WITH BEING TAKEN FOR ALL OF YOUR MONEY AND LEFT STRANDED!!!

• Stayed May 2011
2 Thank simalyn
Note- this is the same group from the previous negative post.

Travelers are raving about these Council Bluffs hotels

Fremont, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2011

We stayed in the King Whirlpool suite - I have absolutely no complaints. It was clean and the room was exactly as I expected. There were a couple of rooms across the hall with partiers in them, and we didn't hear a thing! The free breakfast was really good - had everything from bagels/toast/waffles to eggs/sausage and biscuits and gravy. The employees were all very friendly, and offered to call free shuttle service to the surrounding casinos for us so there was no need to drive and brave the traffic. If there was anything I would suggest to upgrade about our stay, it would be that the cable TV didn't offer pay per view or any movie channels, so I would like to see one of those options offered in the future. Otherwise, it was truly an awesome stay!

Room Tip: Ask for the King whirlpool suite!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank You so much for your positive review of our hotel. We are very proud of our hotel and our staff. Please come visit us again!
Minneapolis
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2010

Our stay was comfortable and I would stay here again. I feel the price was fair. I was visiting family with my 8 month old, 8 year old and 12 year old. The location was convenient for us and though the surroundings were not scenic with the freeway and construction company nearby it did not feel unsafe. The hotel staff was very accommodating. The pool area was well kept and clean though heavy on the chlorine. They did have pool towels but because the hotel was booked up they ran out for a short time. The kids had a great time swimming and our room towels sufficed. Our room was good sized, clean and had ample room to move around. The AC unit was surprisingly quiet. Not much more than a soothing whisper and it worked well. I find that a lot of non-smoking hotel rooms still smell like smoke but our room here did not smell of smoke. There was a bit of mold in the shower which could not be seen unless sitting in the tub. Management took care of it right away. Breakfast was good. A little something for everyone; pastries, bread, scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, fresh made waffles, cereal, yogurt, juice, milk. The toaster and microwave in the breakfast area was useful. They also had highchairs for little ones.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2009

After a 2-hour delay at my layover and landing in Omaha in 10 inches of snow, all I wanted to do was lay down and rest. I called from the airport and let them know that my 9:50 pm flight wasn't going to get in until after midnight. The clerk said no problem, they wouldn't charge me for that night, and my room was ready. The maintenance man came out and helped me trudge my bags across the snow. The clerk offered me fresh hot coffee and a warm blanket she had just popped out of the dryer. What a warm invitation! My room was a King suite, and had plenty of room for myself and 2 friends who stopped by during the week. The bed was extremely comfortable, and having the extra sofabed was beneficial for my overnight guests. The WiFi was reliable during my entire trip. Although I didn't use the housekeeping service (I slept in too late everyday), they were very courteous and accommodating when I needed to exchange towels and restock toiletries. The breakfast was more than enough to satisfy even the pickiest eater, and the warm cookies in the evening was a pleasant treat. I did not get to use the pool, hot tub, or exercise room. When my departing flight was delayed, they had no problems in getting me late checkout, and didn't hound me about leaving. The only thing I would do different is to ask for a room NOT facing the parking lot. The curtains didn't exactly close all the way, so you could never tell if someone walking past could see in your room.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank butta1898
Houston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2009

Rooms were nice and roomy. Hotel was very clean staff was courteous. Location near riverboat casinos.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Anderson SC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2009

Everything was so comfy! there was 2 beds and a couch in the room which accomodated my whole family!! it was great the rooms were very spacious and clean! Staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was great!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family