“Not Up to Fairfield Standards” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Council Bluffs

Fairfield Inn & Suites Council Bluffs
Ranked #12 of 24 Hotels in Council Bluffs
Greensboro, Georgia
“Not Up to Fairfield Standards”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

Even though this hotel was not ranked high on Trip Advisor, we decided to take a chance since other Fairfields we had stayed in were perfect for us. That was a wrong decision. The hotel was older and our room was a typical small hotel room. I had thought that all Fairfield rooms had a separate sitting and bedroom area, so did not even think to check that out when reserving. At least I have now learned that I need to check more diligently and pay attention to recommendations as I normally do.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Council Bluffs, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Dear Frances M,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Council Bluffs. I apologize that your room did not meet your expectations. Only our suites have a seating area separate from the beds. Our standard rooms do not include this feature. On future stays we'd be more than happy to help with your reservation to assure you receive a room that better suits your needs. Please allow us another opportunity to earn your business on your next trip to the area.

Diana P.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Kewanee, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

Very clean and friendly. Rooms were spacious. We go to Colorado from Illinois every year. We have stayed at a different hotel evertime. We will now be staying here, going and coming back. The price is reasonable also.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Chezehead0830
Byers, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

I stayed here with my two teenage girls. Felt very safe, the hotel and the hotel staff were excellent! The pool stayed open late, the breakfast was excellent, and always had what we needed. Would definitely stay here again! My only complaint would be that the receptionist reassured me that she would not use my credit card (because I prepaid) but that she needed it only for incidentals, just incase. When I got home the card had an $80. hold on it. When I called this was cleared up, but I was frustrated that it was not made clear to me that it would indeed be used. This was just a minor setback, and again cleared up. This did not change my stay experience.

Room Tip: Had no problem with our room location.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

The staff, as usual were friendly and accommodating. The room was clean and the hotel was located in a nice area. As I travel alone for business, knowing I'm safe and comfortable is the most important thing to me.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank laadragon
Beverly, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

A co-worker and I just spent two weeks there.

The rooms were a bit small compared with the other hotels in the area. The price is a bit higher than the other local hotels. And I don't get why the heck they give you 5 "meatball" shaped pillows instead of a couple of good ones.

No micro-wave or refrigerator. Although a fridge was provided when requested, but no guarantee. BTW, the fridge was very loud.

I found the free breakfast was worth what you paid.

The hotel laundry was rather expensive to send out. 4 pair of socks, underwear, golf shirts and a pair of pants cost 28 dollars.

The staff was terrific. A shout out to Mathew B***, very helpful on a couple occasions, a real pro.

Would I stay again, YUP, recommend to friends, YUP, a good value, not especially but not bad.

I expect to return next year and will probably stay there again.

Room Tip: Try to stay away from the highway
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
1 Thank joepeters21
USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

I just called this hotel and asked a specific question to Diana (or Diane). Their two-queen room is $119 and the king room is $129. She quoted those to me, and I said, "Can you give me the king room for $119." She responded "The queen room is $119. Would that work for you?"
I had every intention of taking the king room at $129 if she was not able to go down in price. But, because she completely disregarded my question and treated me like an idiot, I am not staying there.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Council Bluffs, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Dear Mrsmarkfb,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Please accept my apologies for any misunderstanding that occurred during our phone conversation. It's not that I wasn't listening, but I was merely explaining what I had available at that price. I do hope that if you are ever in the area, you will allow us another opportunity to earn your business.

Diana P.
La Vista, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

The desk check in was quick and the associate was very friendly. Breakfast was nice and hot. Actually had eggs and sausage and not just donuts and bagels. Room was clean and the bed was comfortable. Very nice and updated. Thank you very much!!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple