Fairfield Inn & Suites Omaha East/Council Bluffs, IA
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$68
HolidayInn.com
$110
$101
$84
Harrah's Council Bluffs(Council Bluffs)
$115
$109
  • Restaurant
$98
Western Inn(Council Bluffs)
TripAdvisor
All reviewscracker barrelroom was cleanassistant gmlast minute bookingrestaurants and shoppingrooms are greatbreakfast was excellentup to datecheck in was quickfirst floorwafflespool areafree wifieasy accessmorning breakfastvery nice hotelenjoyed my stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Stayed at the Fairfield on Jan. 26, 2014. The hotel is very clean from rooms to lobby, halls and breakfast area. It is conveniently located right next to the highway. Also has shopping and a Cracker Barrel adjoining the Fairfield lot. It was exceptionally windy when we were there so was
nice to have a restaurant right there. The staff are very helpful and friendly. Talked a great lady who worked the desk who originated from Wolf Point, Montana. Have been in Wolf Point a lot of times so it was great to talk to her. Some people complain of the highway noise. Well they should ask for a room at the far end away from the highway. We were at the far end and never heard any traffic noise. Will certainly stay again when in that area.
Hello, to the lady from Wolf Point, enjoyed talking to you.
Sylvia Schmidt
Sylvan Lake, Alberta

Room Tip: Always stay on a top floor and not near elevators or vending machines.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Omaha East/Council Bluffs, IA, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Dear Sylvia,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. I was trilled to receive your review, and I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I, the lady from Montana, enjoyed talking to you as well. I hope your trip home went well. We look forward to your next stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Council Bluffs.

Kind thanks,
Diana P.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Typical Marriott property- clean, good service, and a decent breakfast. BUT location is not good. Less than block from the interstate so a fair amount of road noise. There is a double rail road track about a block away also. There was about 6 trains on those tracks that we counted. When they blew their whistles for the crossing on the street to the hotel, it was as if they were in the parking lot. Sleep was difficult. Would recomend but cannot because of the location near tracks.Not enough scouting by builders before construction

Room Tip: If the trains are running I would suspect there would be no good rooms
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Omaha East/Council Bluffs, IA, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Dear Lawbar2013,
Thank you for reviewing the Fairfield Inn Council Bluffs. I'm so happy that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and staff. Please accept my apology for any noise that disturbed your stay. On future stays we would be more than happy to place you on the other side of the hotel. Please allow us the opportunity to exceed your expectations during your next visit.

Diana P.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

We stay in a lot of Marriotts but not usually in Fairfield. This time we just needed a room for a night while traveling. This newer hotel is clean, well-laid out, and conveniently located at the convergence of I-80 and I-29. The rates are good for the location. It is right next to many restaurants, a Walmart, and other stores you may need while traveling. And while I was worried about the traffic noise I could hear at bedtime, it wasn't loud enough to keep us awake.

I was especially pleased with the breakfast, which was every bit as good as what we expect in more expensive Marriott hotels. The staff was friendly and the dining room clean and inviting. If we have to stop in Council Bluffs again, this is where we will stay.

My only quibble was that we had only three towels in our room, even though we registered four guests. I know we should have asked for that towel on check-in, but I also think it would be possible for enough towels to be in a room when a pre-registered guest arrives or for the clerk to offer one upon check-in. We had to shower early and didn't want to wake everyone with a call to housekeeping. Small matter.

Room Tip: Maybe the front of the hotel would have quieter rooms. The back rooms are closer to the roads where you can hear traffic.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 24, 2013

It's always nice to walk into a hotel for the first time and have the staff happily check you in and eager to help when you request information about good restaurants in the area. The hotel was easily located, our room was spacious and clean. We would stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

Quick and friendly check in. Nice amenities including pool, guest computer/printer, free wifi, extensive breakfast, ect. Our room was very comfortable and clean. Large flat screen, plenty of space, clean soft towels and everything you would expect. The air conditioner worked but late at night kept turning on/off until I finally shut the unit off. Everything else was great.

• Stayed: September 2013