“clean, comfortable”

Ranked #6 of 24 Hotels in Council Bluffs
SW Iowa
“clean, comfortable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

The staff, over the phone while making the reservation, and while at the hotel was great. Room was clean, comfortable and quiet. I saw other reviews with complaints about nearby train and interstate traffic. I didn't hear either. The train traffic may not be the same every day and the interstate traffic was quiet because of a forecast snow storm which happened while I was there and may have kept people off the road anyway. The pool, which we did not use, is small and shallow. Not a good pool for some laps or get the heart rate going. Pool looked more for younger kids and those who just want to sit in the water and relax. Breakfast was traditional for hotels, but not bad.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Diana P, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Council Bluffs, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you so much for the kind review. I was so pleased to hear that our staff treated you well. Our goal everyday is to impress our guests. We look forward to your next visit to Council Bluffs.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
St. Louis MO
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

This hotel was clean and affordable. The staff was very nice and accomodating. One problem. Trains. This hotel is very close to the Union Pacific switch and trains pass several times per night and cross a fairly busy street, thus blowing their horns.......repeatedly. Ugh.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Karl C, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Council Bluffs, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Fairfield Inn & Suites, we appreciate the nice comments on the cleanliness of our hotel and about our staff. I apologize for the inconvenience of the trains keeping you up, perhaps on your next stay we could place you on the back side of the building away from the tracks. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Pottsboro, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at this hotel for 11 days due to the passing of a relative. The hotel is by far located in the best part of town. Directly off the interstate, close to a home depot, Walmart, Sam's club, far too many places to eat within a couple of minutes from fast food, breakfast, or dinner.There is a limited breakfast offered at the hotel however, we took advantages of all the different places to eat. The pool, hot tub looked wonderful but we didn't bring suits. The staff was very friendly, the room was clean and due to the length of time there we never had any issue. Daily service was great, picked up a paper everyday and would recommend very highly if one is to stay over for a few days. Might also mention there are three casino's within a couple of minutes.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
North Dakota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

This place has been recently refurbished so I had no complains about that, but small details like, the toilet seat flopping all over the place and the brace to hold up safety bar needing attention were two things that make me wonder why it is needed for guests to report these things. I have to say the bed was super comfy and that is really important after a long day on the road. The breakfast is the usual expanded fare that Marriott Fairfields have. We were greeted nicely and felt they are putting out effort to make your stay enjoyable. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Karl C, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Council Bluffs, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you for providing us with your feedback and kind words about our hotel. I apologize you had these negative experiences. I have addressed these issues to ensure they do not happen again. Guest satisfaction is of the utmost importance and we are always looking for ways to improve. We hope you give us a chance to make things right and try the Fairfield Inn & Suites again next time you find yourself in the Council Bluffs area.

Karl Crompton
Milwaukee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

Rolled in to Council Bluffs without a reservation and checked several other options, none of which were acceptable, before finding the Fairfield. Jennifer at the front desk was very friendly and efficient. Gave us the Senior Rate of $101 for two adjacent rooms and made check in easy and fast. Facility and rooms were clean and beds were comfrotable. Hotel was close to full so we had to stay on the first floor but the noise from the outside was bearable and forunatnely there were not any bigfoots in the rooms above us. Breakfast was fine with waffles and biscuits and gravy that were of good quality for a freebie. All in all good value for the cost.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Pamman
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2012 via mobile

People will complain about anything this hotel was clean the suite was wonderful and my kids played in the hotel all day the noise was not a biggie and the breakfast was nice . Stay here and if you have kids they'll love it you can sleep just right ! (;

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Gunartt
Kansas, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2012

Fortunately this hotel was close to the highway to take us home because the stay here was unbearable for me! Our family was separated, not given the ammenties we requested, and I spent 2 nights in a room with no working a/c. I repeatedly asked for maintenance to look into the situation and dealt with very difficult staff. The solution offered to me was unacceptable. This was NOT the hotel I would have selected for our stay, but it was booked by another family member so that we could be together for our vacation. We had 4 rooms (over $800.00 was spent on this facility) and never received a genuine apology or any other compensation. I would not recommend this facility! The pool room was as hot as the room I stayed in, the pool water was too hot and the spa water was cold-according to other family members. Thank goodness Cracker Barrel was next door because the breakfast was unacceptable for anyone with special dietary needs. Last I knew, the customer was ALWAYS right. Not here!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Karl C, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Council Bluffs, responded to this review, June 7, 2012
Thank you for bringing these issues to my attention. I apologize we did not provide you with the experience you expected while staying at our hotel. I want to assure you I have spoken with our maintenance staff and stressed the importance of doing anything we can to take care of guest issues right away. Guest satisfaction is our main priority and I am sorry that these issues were not handled for you during your stay with us. We hope with our continued efforts to improve every stay for our guests, you will give the Fairfield Inn & Suites another try when you are in the Council Bluffs area again.

Karl Crompton