See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed June 21, 2018

On a road trip with friends, made reservations requesting rooms close if possible. Arrived to walk into a lobby reeking of smoke. No smoking signs present, No rooms on floor of check in, must go up or down stairs to rooms. Room on lower level smelled terrible, smokey and bad. Asked for different room, were moved upstairs where room was slightly better. Chairs old & worn. 7:30, awoke to hear knocking on doors, calling "Housekeeping". 7:30am??? Lady said she was doing double duty, front desk and housekeeping. Once you go to a non-smoking hotel, it takes more than a sign, carpets and furniture must be professionally cleaned or replaced! Never again.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Marcia R
Reviewed June 12, 2018 via mobile

We were having a girls weekend. Yes, this motel is currently being renovated. However, the rooms weren't bad. We had 2 rooms, 1 smoking and 1 non smoking (we asked for 2 smoking upon check in, however only 1 was available. ) Upon initially entering the smoking room, yes, you could tell it was a smoking room. But after we opened the window and got the AC going, you couldn't really tell.
Check in was very quick and easy (I checked in for both rooms). We asked about a shuttle to casinos we had heard about, however, the shuttles don't go here. We were given a card for a cab service, which we used.
All in all, this was a pretty decent stay.
Downside: this is a split level motel with no elevator and does not have a pool. I have an issued with stairs, but once downstairs there is an exit to the parking lot with a ramp. Which also came in handy brining in luggage and such as there are no bell carts.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed September 23, 2017

I did not see any of the complains I read about on some of the reviews on Trip Advisor.
I found this to be a very good hotel at a price under $100. when other hotels in the area were well above $100. Before going, I usually read reviews on Trip Advisor. But I think there are always some people (trolls?) who want to gripe about something. Since they paid nearly $100., they expect everything to be flawless and every employee eager to fawn over them. I don't doubt that some bad things can occur, but their broad brush criticisms just don't fit here.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed August 29, 2017

Not many people staying in the motel just off Exit 3. Room was downstairs and we could have parked next to the room if we had wanted to, although it was in the back parking lot. The two beds were double in size and comfortable. The toilet and shower/tub were in a separate room. Sink and mirror just inside the exit door. There was a refrigerator and microwave, no in-room safe. The desk and chair were located next to the exterior window with no desk lamp or overhead light. I moved the desk closer to the sink where there was an overhead light. I unplugged the microwave and refrigerator so I could plug in my computer and phone. Shower head mounted less than six feet high, which could be problem for taller persons. Bath towels were rather thin. Noted dead crickets on the floor in the bathroom and by the entry door in the morning (more than a dozen). Man on front desk said we should have not been given the room next to the exterior door as that is where the crickets enter the building. Breakfast offering was minimal. Facilities were adequate for the economical price of the room. Many restaurants were located within a half mile of the motel.

Room tip: Do not take a room next to an exit door
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
CountrysideCares, Manager at Countryside Inn & Suites Council Bluffs IA, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2017

Thank you for your review. We are in the process of renovating our rooms and will be sure to add lighting where it is needed in the room. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention so we may correct it. I apologize for the bugs in your room. Our hotel is treated on a monthly basis and I am sorry you had them in your room.

Reviewed January 24, 2017 via mobile

This is a nasty hotel that has creepy employees except for the house keeping staff who clearly have there hands full. The entire hotel smells like an ashtray. All the carpets that we saw are dirty, the beds were, well, let's just say they were less than clean. To get to the ( hot breakfast, which would feed mabey 7 people ) , is so difficult to find , is in the basement.
As I said before, the hotel smells like an ashtray. This is due to the FACT that they slow smoking in the hotel. This is supposed to be banned from all hotels in this city, but they somehow seem to get away with this disgusting
thing. We saw roaches as well. There weren't really that many , but my wife and i were less than happy, so, we went to much cheaper hotel that was 30.00 less per day and spotless, clean and had no unholy ashtray smell. It is the Americinn..I hope this helps all the road weary travelers in the beautiful town of Council Bluffs, Iowa. Happy Happy Happy!

Date of stay: December 2016