“Poor customer service”

Ranked #15 of 24 Hotels in Council Bluffs
Seattle, Washington
“Poor customer service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2011

Stayed one night (July 17, 2011) while traveling to N. Carolina. I found a brown bug crawling on my laptop from the bed and brought it down for Rachel (front desk clerk) to see. She informed me that she would have her General Manager (Paul Thomas) call me on my cell phone since I was leaving at 5am. Well, I didn't get a phone call (not surprised) so I called when I stopped and stayed at another Days Inn. Paul answered the phone and I told him who I was and what room I stayed in and explained the bug situation...his reponse, "Well, it is the bug season and they may get into the room but we do spray." WOW!! Really, that was all I got from him...no apologies or anything. I can understand if he couldn't refund my room or give me a discount but he didn't even say "SORRY" or even sound concerned that I may have had a hard time sleeping! I won't be staying there when I drive back from N. Carolina.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
OSKALOOSA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2011

Just keep that in mind if that matters. Overall an average but spacious basic lodging. Above average breakfast with plentiful choices.Strong wireless connection. Love the wall pictures which gives the room a "home-like feel". Including taxes, etc., we paid $194 for 2 nights ($97 per night) for 3 persons in a double queen. BUT this was College World Series weekend and rooms were at a premium in the Omaha/Council Bluffs area. We would stay again but might try out other surrounding hotels just to compare.

• Stayed June 2011
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2011

I have been to many Days Inns in the past because I travel quite frequently and have never been too impressed. I stayed at this one on a whim because it had no reviews so that means no bad reviews right?? Well I was pleasantly surprised. The property was clean, the beds were very comfortable and the room was great for the money. I would recommend this hotel to all of my family and friends because some of the dumps in Council Bluffs scare me to death. But I give this hotel 5 stars for quality customer service and a fantastic upkeep!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Russell, Kansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2010

We have stayed here a few times before, only because it is cleaner than the hotel across the street, which isn't saying much. But this last time we stayed, we had dirty blankets, the floor felt sticky and damp if you walked on it barefoot... so nasty.... the vending machines were either broke or had nothing in them and when you went to the desk to talk to a manager, the manager was never there, only someone from housekeeping that had no clue what was going on. The breakfast wasn't great.. unless you like waffles with no butter or syrup. When I completed the guest survey and voiced my complaints, they sent me an e-mail saying they would compensate me by giving me 50% off my next stay.. I just tried doing that and they would only give me one night with that discount. For the price of this hotel, we can get better rates at the "name your own price" site, for much better quality and service. I will not be staying at this hotel again unless their management changes and changes are made for the better. It's too bad because it is a great location.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank justlettingpplknow
Manchester, New Hampshire
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2010

Like most people, we were just passing through the area on a trip (we were traveling cross country). After a long day of driving, we needed a place to crash. From the outside it didn't look too bad - for what we needed. The night clerk at the desk was completely oblivious. My boyfriend had run in to check out the availability and rates. So even though she knew we were coming right back in, when we got in there, she was somewhere out back, doing God knows what. After calling, she finally came up, and wasn't the most pleasant, but since it was late, figured it was just the mood for that time of night.
After checking in, we walked up 3 flights of stairs - yes, it's true - no elevator. Who builds a hotel/motel with no elevator? The hallway spelled like paint SO BAD, but in retrospect, I would have choosen that over the spell of our room.
Room smelled like someone smoked a pack of cigs the night before, even though we requested a non-smoking room. Tried to use the AC, but that kicked out an even worse odor! What the heck?!?
At this point, I am finally realizing how nasty the room is - not clean at all. Needless to say I didn't even use the blankets. Worst sleep on my cross country trip!
At one point, a truck pulled up out back and a couple drunk guys got out and were yelling and going door to door trying to find something or someone...or perhaps their room? Of course, they ended up knocking on our door at 1:00 AM and gave me a HEART ATTACK. Just a little more fun!
Continental breakfast - didn't stay for it. After what I saw, all we wanted to do is high tail it out of there!!
Skip it - get off an exit before or after - trust me, you'll be happy you did!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gingerbean214
Wooster, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2009

Ok we were driving all night long and we just wanted to find an "ok" hotel to stay at after a long night of driving. So we check in and everything looks nice untill we go into our room. We requested a non-smoking room and the room smelled to high heaven of musty old rotten smoke. Then after we fall asleep a train comes in the middle of the night blasting its horn and that happend 3 times in the middle of the night.. Then we got up to go there "free continental breakfast" The breakfast consisted of some beagals and donuts still in the box from walmart. And while we were eating our food some this guy and his wife come in with no shoes on. THIS HOTEL WAS DISGUSTING DO NOT GO TO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank tbennington
Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2009

LIke most Days Inn hotels that I've stayed at, this one is decent but I would imagine some people would give it a lower rating. Don't expect anything spectacular.

We stopped here for the night after several hours of driving - a banner advertising cheap rooms drew us in.

We got what we were looking for - an inexpensive place to cool our heels before hitting the highway in the morning.

We got a room for two for $50 and it was OK. Our room was located right off the lobby and it could use some upgrading. The curtains were old, the bed was old, the bathroom fixtures are very old. It was defintely in need of a new shower unit, but it wasn't gross. The entire room was fairly clean.

We stayed here on a Sunday night and we were leaving early the next morning, so we didn't stray too far from the hotel. In the immediate area there's several restaurants (BK, Subway, Applebee's, Red Lobster, etc.), a Sam's Club and 24-hour Walmart.

For us, the location was ideal because it was just off I-29. No complaints about the staff.

There's a free breakfast in the morning, with cereal, toast, muffins, juice and coffee.

If we were looking to spend a few days in the area we'd consider a different hotel, but for a quick one-nighter it was, well, decent.

• Stayed February 2009
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)