“Second stay at this hotel”

Best Western Crossroads Of The Bluffs
Ranked #11 of 25 Hotels in Council Bluffs
Reviewed January 31, 2014

We stay here on our way south for a winter stay. This hotel is very comfortable and big. They have a huge lobby and eating area. The rooms are very spacious too with comfortable beds. They gave me a handicap room this time that I did not need and I would never take it again. The hand held shower was only about 8 inches from the ceiling. It was way too high and it goes straight down which I didn't like as I didn't want to wash my hair. The breakfast is always plentiful and good. I was disappointed when we checked in the evening and I asked if I could get a tea bag to make a cup of tea and the man behind the counter told me they never had any, the only thing was water. When we travel we have been staying at best westerns and have never ran into this.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

Our reservation was made on-line with some requirements for our visit. My wife is handicapped and can't walk any distance or up stairs. We made a follow up call to see if they had seen the comments section and the front desk had already set up a room within thirty feet of a door with parking next to hotel entrance. Room service was nice from the restaurant and no different than seated restaurant service. My wife had a Rueben sandwich and said it was one of the best she has had.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 25, 2014

I travel for my company at least 5 nights a week and was facing a disorienting situation and too tired to care what was "professional" or even what my mixed up dispatch ordered and the hotel staff listened to what "I needed and how they could help" and helped me hang on one more day when frustration with the job, the world.. was too much and after a good nights sleep I was ready to face the world again. As my professionalism slid out the door, theirs kicked in and I can't say enough about what it did for me. And now I am in a hotel in Amarillo Texas but I wanted to quit that night and without intruding on me in any way they became my hero's that night. Give them a chance and find out 1st hand how good they are. Don't be afraid to tell them what you need, whether that is directions, a navigator, a fax or just a bed and I bet they find a way to find it for you without you having to ask. They care.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 22, 2014

The room was clean and neat. We had a king bed room that was built for handicap (we didn't need it). The bathroom was large with a walk in shower. The beds was tall and comfortable with lots of pillows. The breakfast room had couches and a variety of tables with lots of room (it must have been a restaurant at one time). The 26 inch TV was a little dark, but sound was fine. I had scambled eggs, yogurt, and biscuits and gravy for breakfast. IT was good. There was not any breakfast meat this day. Lots of milk and juice available. Generally it was great. It was good value for the cost, as I used the AAA rate. Thanks.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

we went to the gambling casinos in Council Bluffs, the motel is only 2-4 minutes from the major casinos, nice pool area, but the hot tub was shut down for repairs, so that was a disappointment. Overall good place to stay.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 14, 2014

I was quite impressed-affordable but still very nice and clean-very nice room with great décor. You could walk to casinos. I will stop there again when we go back to Mi in June. I give it avery high rating.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

A place with friendly staff, great rooms, clean and fresh. Quiet rooms with very comfortable beds, an excellent shower, and a very nice breakfast. Free shuttle service to almost anywhere you want to go.