“Bad Billing Experience”

Best Western Crossroads Of The Bluffs
Ranked #11 of 25 Hotels in Council Bluffs
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I booked my room on line through the Best western 800 number. I was quoted $45. The guy who checked me in told me the room was supposed to be $89. I said, "Yea, it was a great price, that is why I booked it." The next morning, the new clerk told me that I was billed the full amount and she would not change it. I requested the manager call me. He never did. When I returned from my trip, I asked about it again and was referred to the bookkeeper, Ali. I called him and he again said that rate wasn't possible. I called back to the 800 number for reservations and they showed they had confirmed the rate of $45. I am disputing with my credit card company, but you can't do business like that.

Room Tip: Get your e-mail quote in print before checking in!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank mshackle

Reviewed March 18, 2013

This motel is conveniently located so I stay here pretty often and that's the only reason. The only absolute positive is the truck parking.

The rooms are ok, the beds ok, the bathroom ok, the staff range from ok to excellent. The internet connection is ok to great.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 8, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Allow me to put things in perspective. The staff was friendly and the main areas were clean. I enjoyed having a comfortable chair in the room. But there were stains on the carpet in the room which made the place feel older and worn. The complimentary breakfast was poor. The location and comfort of the room were worth the price, but get breakfast elsewhere.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 28, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Love this place! It gets better every time we visit.
What we liked:
Exercise room.
Breakfast: scrambled eggs (real); bagels, juices, cereal, yogurts, apples -- all nicely laid out.
Beautiful remodeling throughout. They had spent $900,000 on remodeling so far.
Large, beautiful room with a king-size bed. Never any smoking oders.
The staff was very pleasant and accomodating.
The location is very convenient to the intersections of I-80 and I-29.
And, last but not least, the price is very economical. We always get more that what we would expect for such a reasonable price. Often we use the roadside coupon books for the best deal.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We travel thru Council Bluff each year on route to Texas and this is a regular stop. We were pleased to see that over the last year the hotel has undergone a significant renovation. Rooms are like new, with great large screen TVs. Rooms & common areas very clean. Great breakfast.

I would recommend staying here. Great off season pricing

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple