“Not the hotel, the people.”

Best Western Crossroads Of The Bluffs
Ranked #11 of 24 Hotels in Council Bluffs
Reviewed August 15, 2012

The hotel itself was fine. The room was clean and nice. However, the shuttle situation left us hanging. Even after a reservation, and a confirmation of the shuttle to take us across the river, we ended up waiting over forty five minutes after the scheduled time...TWICE. Luckily, the maintenance guy (Mike) was so nice, he gave us a ride in his personal truck when we all realized that the shuttle was just not coming. After repeated attempts to contact management (Jennifer Archer) about this situation, I didn't even get so much as a canned reply e-mail.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Clint S

Reviewed July 26, 2012

The hotel is in the middle of a remodel - carpet being layed in the hall, new wall coverings, etc, Worried at first - we found the room to be in great shape and had a great night sleep.

The breakfast area was spacious - and the food was typical and average.

I would return to this hotel.

Room Tip: I would try for a ground floor room - the halls were not air conditioned and were stifling on the se...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 23, 2012

We stayed in this hotel during the College World Series. It was very busy, especially on the weekend. The room was fine, and very quiet even on the weekend. The staff was good and accomodated guest needs. The shuttle service was wonderful, and that is an amenity that almost never lives up to my expectations. Very convenient location. There are some maintenance issues in the public areas but they were minor except for the hot tub, and the hot tub closure was noted on our reservation. We had a good stay, and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

Im a truck driver i just get rooms from time to time so I can relax without listioning to all the noise. First problem I got is housekeeping walked in on me 3 times. No knock nothing. First time ok no problem. 2nd time not 3rd time seeing the do not disturb sighn i wrote a sticky note and stuck it over the ket slot. Occupied.. come 9pm there were kids running up down the hall. I called front desk and she said she would take care of it. Last time I checked a hotel hall way was not for running and playing tag and yelling. All was fine tell about 11 then they were at it again. In a way I blame this more on lack of parenting. My butt wouldhere be blistared if I did that as a kid. I went and asked them this time myself to quit running and yelling people are trying to sleep. That lasted tell about 6am when they started again. At this point I was fed up I grabed my stuff and left. I made made a complaint at desk and they gave me 20% off. Still 80 dollars for a restless stay. As much as it was parents falt for allowing kids to act that way it is managment for not laying down rulles the first time it happened.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We stayed this last weekend (April 20th and 21st) at this hotel. The staff were very nice, we were in a newly remodeled room, which was very adequate. The pool area is very big and nice. The shuttle to the casinos was fast and the driver was very friendly.

We did, however, have 2 issues that we thought were huge. First, I had called earlier in the week to see if the hotel had a pool and hot tub. I was told yes. Upon check in there was a sign saying that the hot tub was not working. I wish someone would have told me that when I called earlier in the week.

The other issue is that there is NO hot water between the hours of 7:00 and noon. I have stayed at many hotels where there may be a lukewarm shower in the morning, but this was flat out cold. My husband took a shower around 4 pm and said he did have hot water then, but a hotel should expect morning rush and have adequate hot water for that time period.

Room Tip: Parking can be tricky. Try to stay away from the rear of the hotel due to noinse from truckers and i...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travelbugNorwalkIA
Reviewed April 17, 2012

We stayed in April of 2012. All rooms have new carpet, new beds and new bedding. The rooms were nice and clean. The towels were large and fluffy. It was a great hotel. We stayed for 4 nights. The staff was friendly and helped get the best rate available.

Room Tip: pick up the travel magazines at the rest stops. they have a coupon for $59 a night.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 20, 2012

Of all the Best Westerns we styed at this one was the worst.

First off the parking lot was full of cars from the railroaders for their convenience when they come into town. We barely found a place to park.
Our ice machine was broken.
This was also the most expensive of all the Best Westerns. I would have booked the Comfort Inn if I would have know this.
Construction going on with lumber and yellow tape at the entrance where we went in.
No baggage holder in room.
No paper in the morning.
Bureau drawer was broken.
Breakfast floor was all sticky when we walked on it.
I wish I could get my money back as this was not acceptable for the $100 I paid. The room would not cool off so the air conditioning ran all night. Noisy.
Ann Johnson, Dayton, MN