“Horrible Customer Service”

Quality Inn & Suites Council Bluffs
Ranked #22 of 25 Hotels in Council Bluffs
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed September 25, 2013

The hotel itself would rate poor but add in the service & its terrible. Driving through the area to get to the hotel, I knew I had made a poor decision not to cancel my reservation after reading poor reviews on here. The building right across the street is literally boarded up. It was raining when I arrived to check in & they have a tiny covered area. The lady who checked me in was rude. I had reserved a smoking room & she said I had not even though my confirmation shows I did. Ended up in a smoke free room. Asked if she had a bottom floor room available since there is no elevator & they didn't but asking seemed to disturb her. When I asked her if there is a designated pet area, frustrated she responded that they can just go on any grass but to pick up after them. She didn't tell me how to get to my room & when I asked she seemed irritated. She explained that there is 1 door on each side of the building & told me which door would be better for us to go in. I thanked her for her time. She didn't say anything positive like thanks for staying with us, or enjoy your stay, or anything. Parked near the door she suggested, unloaded the dogs, & some small bags. Neither key card opened the door & no cover over the walkway to the door. I leave my husband with 2 dogs in the rain to walk around the building in the rain to the front desk. I waited in line & then explained that neither card would open the outside door. Her exact words were " I figured that would happen. I will tell maintenance in the morning to fix that." She asked if we had tried the door on the other side of the building. I said no it's raining & we were half way unloaded. She gave me 2 new cards after tossing the other 2 & said gook luck with these in a snarky tone. She did tell me how to get to my husband through the building. He had already went back to the truck to stay dry. Put a trash can in the doorway so I could go get them. Next morning door still didn't work with cards but my husband found another door down a ways we could use. It would have been nice to know about that door the night before. No smoke alarm in our room. The building is old & ran down. No updating. Just threw some flat screens up. At $110 a night, I expect way better. Worst hotel experience ever!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Room was okay for the price, the front desk person was terrible, didn't know anything and when I asked to talk to a manager, was told they they were out of town. Booked through Expedia for three days and wanted to check-out after the first night, no one could tell me whether or not I would get a refund or not.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Older hotel, but friendly staff. Our first impression was we made a mistake. This hotel does not have a elevator. With all that said we had a nice stay, just minutes away from most attractions in area.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank dsmorg
Reviewed August 28, 2013

A mixture of things done well and others not so well. Our room showed some recent upgrades, but also some haphazard details: like carelessly done caulking in the bathroom, a toilet not properly secured to the floor, and a missing washcloth. The food in the hot breakfast buffet was all right, but "hot" also applied to the room in which it was served and where people were supposed to eat. Evidently its proximity to the large swimming pool area prevented adequate air-conditioning or ventilation. The price, however, was relatively attractive.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I called up this hotel from the interstate in Omaha and was given a quote and an assurance that they had plenty of rooms left. I didn't realize until we got there that the quote was for a "suite" which meant a sofa-bed for the fifth member of the family (you try getting 3 kids to sleep in one bed). Physically, the hotel is tired and should probably be downgraded to a Sleep-Inn, but the staff is great, the pool is deep, breakfast and internet are included, and I slept soundly. I am not sure I would want them to renovate because then they could ask for room prices of 50% more.

Room Tip: Even though the hotel is right on a major artery, we didn't have any trouble with road noise.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 26, 2013

This is definitely a budget hotel. It looks older and a bit worn down, has no elevator. My room was small. Water pressure wasn't great. I went to take a shower in the morning and found a wet washcloth in the tub left by someone else. On the plus side, it was quiet and breakfast was fine. I checked out early.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jane H
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We came here for the CWS and booked this hotel based on distance from the park, price, and availability. The decor needs an update but the customer service is top notch. The have a shuttle to the airport (and the games during the CWS). The front desk people are so friendly and accommodating. The will find you a way to get you whatever you need. Is it old? Yeah, it's a bit older than a hotel of the hotels in downtown Omaha. The convenience will make up for it, I promise.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family