The hotel itself would rate poor but add in the service & its terrible. Driving through the area to get to the hotel, I knew I had made a poor decision not to cancel my reservation after reading poor reviews on here. The building right across the street is literally boarded up. It was raining when I arrived to check in & they have a tiny covered area. The lady who checked me in was rude. I had reserved a smoking room & she said I had not even though my confirmation shows I did. Ended up in a smoke free room. Asked if she had a bottom floor room available since there is no elevator & they didn't but asking seemed to disturb her. When I asked her if there is a designated pet area, frustrated she responded that they can just go on any grass but to pick up after them. She didn't tell me how to get to my room & when I asked she seemed irritated. She explained that there is 1 door on each side of the building & told me which door would be better for us to go in. I thanked her for her time. She didn't say anything positive like thanks for staying with us, or enjoy your stay, or anything. Parked near the door she suggested, unloaded the dogs, & some small bags. Neither key card opened the door & no cover over the walkway to the door. I leave my husband with 2 dogs in the rain to walk around the building in the rain to the front desk. I waited in line & then explained that neither card would open the outside door. Her exact words were " I figured that would happen. I will tell maintenance in the morning to fix that." She asked if we had tried the door on the other side of the building. I said no it's raining & we were half way unloaded. She gave me 2 new cards after tossing the other 2 & said gook luck with these in a snarky tone. She did tell me how to get to my husband through the building. He had already went back to the truck to stay dry. Put a trash can in the doorway so I could go get them. Next morning door still didn't work with cards but my husband found another door down a ways we could use. It would have been nice to know about that door the night before. No smoke alarm in our room. The building is old & ran down. No updating. Just threw some flat screens up. At $110 a night, I expect way better. Worst hotel experience ever!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Choice Hotels, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Quality Inn & Suites Council Bluffs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn & Suites Council Bluffs Hotel Council Bluffs
- Quality Inn And Suites Council Bluffs
- Council Bluffs Quality Inn
- Quality Inn Council Bluffs