“A standout from other Quality Inns”

Quality Inn & Suites Council Bluffs
Ranked #18 of 24 Hotels in Council Bluffs
GreenLeadersBronze level
“A standout from other Quality Inns”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I don't know if we were just lucky or not compared to some of the recent reviews, but I have minimal complaints about the room (dated sofa bed). The staff was perky and charming. They even upgraded us to a suite when we checked in, and it was during the College World Series, so they were swamped. The swimming pool area was stuffy, but comfortable otherwise. The breakfast area was a bit cramped, but at least it was free. If you get a good deal on this place, take it.

Room Tip: Ask for one away from the pool.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Hard to believe that they were charging 169 for a room worth maybe 39 (they did drop it to 19 when I complained, but still hugely overpriced....old, very smelly (not sure what, but it was gross)....looks and feels like a relic from the 1950s. Maintenance and housekeeping are obviously not items of concern. Read some of the earlier postings and believe them......My travel agent booked it, if I had read the reviews first, I would definitely have avoided this place. Enough said.

Room Tip: Not sure that there are any.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Council Bluffs hotels

Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed June 26, 2012

We have NEVER complained about hotel accomodations before. We only stayed for an hour and had to leave. The mattresses were sagging, and the bedding felt damp. The room smelled musty. The bathroom floor and shower were dirty and covered with hair. The couch felt like it was from the 70's and we didn't even dare look at the pull out sofa-sleeper. There was no way we were going to stay, much less tuck our children in there. For a $200-plus hotel room it was unacceptable. The only saving grace for this dump was the very friendly and accomodating desk clerk....she should find employment at a hotel that has quality somewhere besides it's name!

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Council Bluffs, responded to this review, June 30, 2012
Dear DayCareMomma,
I am sorry to hear of your recent experience, and I appreciate your feedback from your stay. I assure you that we have taken care of the issues you have outlined, and I am pleased to announce that we are awaiting the arrival of our new bedding for all of our guest rooms. We would love to accomodate you again in the future. Good luck on your travels!
Reviewed June 17, 2012

So we stayed down there for a baseball tournament and I decided to ignore all the bad reviews but that was a mistake this hotel is OLD the shower was disgusting the suite we got felt like a motel for $40 bucks . We booked for 2 nights we ended up staying 1 and went to the fair field in Marriott this hotel is worth the suite just saying . The breakfast was HORRIBLE selection and the lady microawed the eggs :/ horrible the smoking room was the only suite left and the sheet was burnt

• Stayed June 2012
, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Council Bluffs, responded to this review, July 1, 2012
Dear Gunart,

I know how uncomfortable a smoking room can be for a non-smoking guest and I wish we would have had one of our non-smoking suites availible for you on the eveneing of your stay. I personally went and inspected the room you stayed in, and I appreciate your feedback about your accomodations.

I wanted to take the time to assure you that our full, hot breakfast is cooked fresh each morning and that we prepare all of our hot favorites in accordance with the manufacturers suggested preparation guidlines. Along with our sausage, scrambled eggs, and hashbrowns, we serve a spread of donuts, rolls, friut, yogurt, oatmeal, bagels, and many other cold favorites daily.

Sara
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Wow. What a great hotel. We stayed here for the college world series and were blown away by the friendliness of the staff. We had a free shuttle to and from each game and the old market at night. Rooms were very spacious and one of the nicest indoor pools I've seen. Free breakfast helped us stay on budget and was delicious. 5 out of 5 stars. I'll be back next year for sure.

• Stayed June 2012
Prescott, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 13, 2012

This is just off I-480 on Hwy 6 very close to downtown Omaha. I was there will my husband to do the show downtown and it took us a little over 5 min to get there. We got a regular room with a queen bed. Good desk with lamp & plugs. Got a microwave and fridge ... very small freezer though. Nice LCD tv, wall mounted A/C, chair. All the furnishings were updated. The shower was good but took a little bit to heat up but once it did it stays hot. The breakfast was good ... scrambled eggs, sausage, hash browns, hard boiled eggs, toast, cereal, oatmeal, fruit, coffee, juice, milk, donut & other sweet. They did say that the breakfast will change a bit to include make-your-own waffles.
The staff was very helpful. We had a van issue they were able to help by driving me to my show while my husband went with our van to the repair shot. The driver even offered to fix if the shop was not able to.
I will stay there again and recommend them to others.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
bournemouth
Reviewed June 3, 2012

We stayed here for one night basically because we couldn't get a room anywhere else as there were things going on in Omaha.
Although we were told all rooms were non smoking ours stank of stale smoke and dogs! The curtains were stained and we actually thought the beds had already been slept in. The carpet was stained and had cigarette burns in it.
This was the first hotel in 28 on a month road trip where I refused to have a bath!
Luckily it was for only one night!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Susie114,

Our hotel does have a majority of non-smoking rooms and suites, but we do have a handful of smoking accomodation for our guests. I apologize if your proximity to those rooms made your stay unpleasant. We would have loved the opportunity to help you into another room during your stay.

Thank you for your helpful comments.

Sara