“Service.. what service?”

Olive Garden
Ranked #30 of 172 Restaurants in Council Bluffs
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed June 23, 2019 via mobile

We're out of towners just trying to eat after a long rainy day watching our son play baseball. We were seated and then approached 3 times by a hostess??? who served us our drinks and told us Dakota would be right with us. Dakota passed by our table 5-6 times asking other tables already eating if they wanted anything else. I told my husband that if she walked past us one more time without acknowledging that she was going to be serving us, we were leaving. Sure as sugar ain't sh** she did it again! As we're walking out she's standing there with the hostess and a manager with a smirk as they asked if there was "anything they could do for us?" Seriously? I'm from Connecticut.. I've worked every type of service job you can think of, and I know when a table is being shafted because someone doesn't want to serve them. Our money will be spent elsewhere. It's shameful that Dakota was allowed to treat customers that way.

Date of visit: June 2019
Write a reviewReviews (39)

Reviewed May 7, 2019

Slow service the food was ok, and slow in coming. They were not up to their normal service & quality

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed November 1, 2018 via mobile

We went to this Olive Garden because it is closer to our home. We had been there 6 months prior and the service was horrible but thought we would give it one last chance since it was Sunday and the parking lot was almost empty. How bad could it be....horrible! We are a family of four, two adults, two boys 12 & 17. From where you enter you can see pretty much the entire restaurant and there were only maybe 4 tables seat and us standing at the door. We told them our name and gave us a buzzer to wait 20 minutes. Which annoyed us right away. As we say there we 10 employees standing around the front desk visiting and laughing as we wait. Another couple walk in about 10 minutes after us and was told the same thing...they left saying this is ridiculous there is no one here and you have a waiting list. The manage was standing up front for the whole conversation, she didn’t say a word! Finally as we got up to leave and our waiter decided to stop visiting with coworker and seat us. Things went fairly smooth from there, which is the only reason I gave it two stars. I have been here multiple times and the last three things have really gone down hill. We will not be going back to this Olive Garden.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed September 22, 2018 via mobile

An app that actually does reduce wait time! Even though they said it would be 15-20 minute wait, it was about 2 minutes! Made my day as the “wait” app hasn’t worked with other restaurants.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed September 17, 2018 via mobile

Went out with our Son to celebrate his birthday. He had the Lasagna with a take home meal of five cheese ziti. My wife just had a salad with chocolate mousse cake. I had the five cheese ziti. All were very good meals. We had the zucchini balls for an appetizer which we thought were so-so. It's a little spendy, but you don't go home hungry.

Date of visit: September 2018