“Clean and comfortable”

Ranked #7 of 24 Hotels in Council Bluffs
Fort Collins, CO
“Clean and comfortable”
Reviewed June 22, 2010

Our 11 year old baseball team stayed here for a tournament. We found the hotel very good for this purpose. The entire hotel was full of baseball kids, so if you go in The summer ask about this as the pool got pretty loud.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Mount Ayr, Iowa
Reviewed May 24, 2010

I am very disappointed that the hotel does not honor their complimentary rooms when presented. I was told I had to give my credit card for incidentals. Then I get charged $60 for a complimentary room. This has happened twice in the past three weeks. I have tried talking to management about it and they will not return my calls. What a scam!!! We are given the complimentary rooms by an area business because we travel 2 hours each way, and our rooms are part of the deal. So I am not the only one getting ripped off but so is the area business who paid for the complimentary certificates. WHAT A SCAM!!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank N1K172
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed April 14, 2010

Stayed here for three days while attending a conference at the Mid-America Center. It's a great choice for people looking for a business-convenient hotel . The hotel is not connected to the convention hall, but it's about only a 3 minute walk away. I can imagine this walk possibly being miserable in case of rain or snow. An one-way taxi metered-fare from OMA to the SprillHill Suites should cost approximately $17.50 (without traffic). The hotel is located near (walking distance) to a Famous Dave's, Bass Pro Shop, and the Horseshoe Casino... and that's about it. There isn't much else near the Mid-America Convention Center.

My room was clean and spacious, but nothing to write home about. Complimentary internet access was much appreciated, the flat screen tv is a good distraction after long days at a convention, and the bed is comfortable. Breakfast is not exciting but is convenient and complimentary. There's not a restaurant at the restaurant, so you'll have to look else where for lunch and dinner. I had a pretty tasty dinner for $16.00 (including a $2 delivery charge) from the nearby restaurant located at the Bass Pro Shop.

Speaking with colleagues that stayed at other comparable hotels, I gathered that most people will be trying the SpringHill Suites next year.

Well-Appreciated
1. Friendly and helpful front-office and cleaning staff
2. Complimentary breakfast
3. Complimentary internet access
4. Free HBO

Slight Inconveniences
1. The wall are a bit thin, I heard... umm... lots.
2. The air-conditioning unit in my room was VERY loud.
3. My room's floor shook for some odd reason at random times during the day.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
DeLand, Florida
Reviewed November 19, 2009

We spents three nights at the hotel for a family visit. Staff was efficient and friendly. The room was modern and like new.

When booking I did not pay as much attention as perhaps I should have and booked a double bed room. The beds were actual double (full) size. I guess I assumed that they would be queen size, my mistake. The beds were comfortable with nice linen.

The pool and hot tub were nice and well maintained. The only thing was an incredible echo. A number of teen aged girls were present and we had to leave due to the noise.

The complimentary breakfast brunch was nice with a good selection of foodstuffs.

Overall impression was very good. I would stay again with no hesitation, but would get a king bed!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Missouri
Reviewed November 7, 2009

This hotel is excellent. The location is convenient to the Mid America Center. The building is fairly new.
Breakfast was awesome. They have a huge comfortable seating area. The lady working the Breakfast was great. She kept everything well stocked and clean. She went out of her way to ensure that we had what we needed. The selection was good.
The room was very comfortable and quiet. We did not hear any outside noises. Was very clean. The sofa bed was not the best but the regular beds were very comfy. The wet bar area was nice.
We did not use the pool or gym, but they looked nice also.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 1, 2009

I stayed here on the way to Colorado in July of 2008. It appears the hotel is fairly new. Everything looked like new. The room was fabulous & spacious. The bed was incredible. It had one of those memory foam bed toppers or whatever its called. Your body sunk into position on the bed, it was so comfortable and warm. I can't recall but I think the room might of had central air conditioning.

The area around the hotel had lot of building going on (in 2008). This hotel is set back aways back from Interstate 80 and there was no road noise. It was nice and quiet at night.

I didn't use any oft the immenities, pool or the breakfast room so I can't comment there.
The are plenty of places to eat and one of them is the Bass Pro Shop / Outdoor World that is adjacent to the hotel. It has the Islamadora Restaurants inside. Its a bit of a walk to it but I'd suggest driving over .

My room had a flat scree, wall mounted plasma TV, a walk-in glass shower, sink was outside of the bathroom in a wall nook along with a hair dryer and iron. Enclosed in a small cabinet near the door was a refirgerator and micorwave.

I would definately stay here again If I head west again.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 13, 2009

We stopped here on our two-day drive from Colorado and it was a great place. Got a great rate of about $125 that included breakfast. Free wi fi in the room. Good standard free breakfast. The room setup was nice - I usually prefer a separate sleeping area since we travel with a 6 year old who needs quiet to sleep. But on the road we didn't want to pay for a true "suite". This was a great compromise since the tv is on a swinging arm from the wall that can face the seating area away from the sleeping area. So even though there wasn't a physical separation of the two areas, you could still keep the sleeping room dark and quiet. Mini kitchen was nice for keeping our drinks and snacks cold.

Room were clean - bathroom seemed a little dated but fine. Are was a little odd in that there were a lot of big casinos and big parking lots and a concert venue close by - but no place to really walk around or look at. Not a problem for our trip, however.

Staff was very friendly. and the night we stayed was very quiet - we were on the top floor.
Only negative I would say is that the pool area has crazy weird acoustics. We were in the pool with two older girls and although they were kind of rowdy it wasn't that excessive, but their voices traveled through every inch of the pool area and I could not talk to my husband sitting next to me or my daughter in the pool. No reason to not stay at the place. Just a general comment to note (if you're looking for a peaceful swim!)

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family