SpringHill Suites Omaha East/Council Bluffs, IA
Ranked #7 of 24 Hotels in Council Bluffs
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“Great hotel”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Newer hotel that included a hot buffet breakfast including waffles, eggs, sausage, and toppings such as spinach, cheese, and salsa. Clean and spacious rooms with very comfortable beds. $3.00 drink specials in the bar every evening!! Will definitely stay here again. Ate at the Quaker Steak Club just down the street - fun motorcycle and automotive themed restaurant. Good food and prices.

Room Tip: Top floor was great - favorite sports teams hotel so is quieter at the top!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Alicia F, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Omaha East/Council Bluffs, IA, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
We are so pleased to see that you enjoyed your experience with us at the SpringHill Suites by Marriott in Council Bluffs. Thank you for taking the time to give your review it is so helpful for our future guest and our staff. Have a wonderful 2014 and we look forward to sharing some new memories with you here.

Alicia Frieze

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Grapevine, Texas
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Stayed at this hotel after a late night flight into Omaha. The room had two double beds, and a sitting area with a sleeper sofa. Overall, the room was nice, but not quite as nice as other SpringHill Suites I've stayed at. The front desk staff and housekeeping were awesome. They offer complimentary breakfast, but the area where it was located definitely did not handle the Sunday morning crowd very well. I don't understand what is so great about "free breakfast"... It is cheap food and you get to deal with masses of people and their out-of-control kids running everywhere. I usually try to avoid that whole situation, but this one is right inside the front door and you can't escape it. Other than that, the hotel itself is good, and I'd stay there again. I used Marriott Rewards points and this stay was freebie.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Nebraska, United States
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We stayed at this SpringHill because of its proximity to the Mid-America Center, where we were attending a concert that night. We were able to walk to a restaurant for dinner, then walk to the MAC for the show. This is all in a fairly new development area and its well lit and patrolled. As for the hotel, it was pleasantly appointed and furnished. I'm always pleased with the Marriott brand and this property fits well with their philosophies.

Room Tip: Our room was on the south side, facing I-80. We turned in around midnight and the traffic noise was...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Borrego Springs, California
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Marriott has once again absolutely excelled at designing accommodations to perfectly suit its guests. SpringHill Suites in Council Bluffs is located within walking distance of Mid-America Center, Horseshoe Casino, and the huge Bass Pro Shop. We asked for a quiet, upper floor room and were given Room 445--at the very rear of the building on the top floor. Wonderful! It has a large walk-in shower; a microwave oven, fridge, and bar sink; a work desk and sofa; and king-size bed. Spotlessly clean. Fantastic mattress, linens, and multiple pillows (we slept for nine hours!). The comfortable lobby has a full bar which opens at 5 p.m. Instead of going out for dinner, we ordered pizza from Old River Pizza Company which was delivered quickly and arrived hot and delicious. Breakfast was absolutely mouth-watering. Great fruit selection (even huge fresh strawberries, bunches of sweet grapes, and crispy apples); cold cuts; assortment of baked goods, cereals, oatmeal; and hot items like sausages, ham, scrambled eggs, etc. The staff was welcoming and helpful. This hotel is flawless. We loved it.

Room Tip: Can recommend upper floor on the back side of the building. Very quiet.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Wahzah
Fish Creek, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We made a reservation at this SpringHill Suites and were very satisfied with our room. The location was across from the Mid-America Center which had several restaurants nearby. We were able to walk over to find someplace for dinner. We got a room of the back of the facility so was very quiet for sleeping. I like to travel with my own pillow and somehow getting ready to leave, I left it behind. I called the next day and asked to have it sent to my home which was handled very nicely--my pillow got to my home before I did. I was very grateful.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I stayed here for two weeks in October 2013. The staff at the front desk always greeted me on my way in and out. The hotel is located in a very busy area, close to the Mid America Center, Bass Pro Shops, as well as the Horseshoe Casino so I was wary of parking and traffic should a big event be happening at the Mid America Center. There was never an event there so I cannot say anything on that topic. The pool is a little different that the normal hotel because there are 4 small fountains that shoot water from the edge of the pool about 3 feet. Mostly it was just annoying because of the sound.The hot tub was clean and the jet timer on the wall said it only activated for 10 minutes but it was still going well over 20. The workout area was stocked with free weights as well as cardio machines, bike and treadmill. Contenental breakfast was surprisingly good. I was impressed with the workout area. All hallways and common areas have a very nice and vibrant color scheme to give it a more plush and modern feel that I also liked very much.

I stayed in two of their rooms over the two weeks and both were identical. There is a small seating area with pull out couch and a desk as well as a small sink and counter with cabinet that had glasses in it. No cooktop or refrigerator in the room. The king sized bed was nice and the sheets were crisp but I had a hard time finding the right pillow combination to work for me. They were all too flat or too soft. The TV was updated to a flatscreen HDTV that is on a swivvle mount so you can watch it in the sitting area or the bed. The bathroom sink was outside the bathroom and had nice countertops. The water pressure was more than needed and I ended up spilling water all over because there was so much pressure. They tried to make the bathroom a step above the competitor by having all glass walls to the shower stall. While this looked really nice The lighting in the bathroom was terrible and made the whole bathroom look just a little grimey and dirty. The lighting in the bedroom was subtle but to get enough light you have to flip two switches and push three lamp buttons.

I attempted to play my xbox on the TV in my room and while hookup was easy I struggled to get inernet access to my xbox 360. The front staff have no idea what they are talking about when it comes to that stuff and I had to call their internet service provider to get it to work. After 4 phone calls and 2 hours it finally worked. If you have an internet service/connection question dont expect much help from the reception desk.

This hotel was nice and updated to try and accomodate the younger business traveler. Being an extended stay suite it had a little more focus on things the regular traveling business person would look for. More focus on weight room etc. For the price it is especially nice, they work well with business contracts also, and being close to significant entertainment is fantastic.

Room Tip: Try to stay at either end of the building to reduce foot traffic noise.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Pace, Florida, United States
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I was moved to the SPRINGHILL SUITES from another hotel during the OMAHA MARATHON. My checkin process to checkout process was flawless. I encounted some quite noisy guests and asked to move and was immediately moved to a corner room on the 4th floor so I could rest the night before the marathon. The hotel allowed me to checkout late and shower after the warm marathon. The entire stay was perfect. Not to mention there are so many places to eat nearby. TWO THUMBS UP for the Management and Staff at this hotel. :)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo