SpringHill Suites Omaha East/Council Bluffs, IA
Western Inn(Council Bluffs)
$89
$86
Hotwire.com
Harrah's Council Bluffs(Council Bluffs)
$219
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbass pro shopmarriott standardsmid america centerfront desksitting arearoom layoutshower doornice hotelwould stay here againnice suitefree breakfastoatmealpull out couchconvenient locationwalk in showerthe breakfast areaconvention center
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We live close by but chose this hotel after getting a groupon for it that cut the price in half. We used the one night stay on a weekend to celebrate a child's birthday party. Knowing that many, many groupons had been sold for this hotel and needed to be used within the month we were expecting an over-ran, loud, and crowded place--but that isn't what we got. It certainly was full but surprisingly the entire hotel wasn't loud at all and never seemed crowded. The front desk was very kind in changing our room for us right after check in so that we could have a connecting room with one other family who joined us. The rooms were very nice, very clean, and quite roomy. Each of us had 5 people in each room (2 adults, 3 kids) and neither was cramped. The pool and hot tub area were clean and we used them a lot. Water temps were great. In the morning we all enjoyed the free breakfast (hot/cold cereals, fruit, pastries, breads, yogurt, juice/milk/coffee/tea, eggs, meats-which we made breakfast sandwiches out of) as it was very good, fresh, and was being kept very well replenish considering how many people were there. All staff we encountered were friendly. We didn't choose the hotel for location as we are locals but it does sit next to (walking distance) to Bass Pro Shops, Mid America Center, Horseshoe Casino, a couple restaurants, and then a short drive across the interstate some shopping and more restaurants. Definitely would stay here again if we needed a weekend get away!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Alicia S, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Omaha East/Council Bluffs, IA, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

We are so honored to be apart of your Anniversary Celebration! Thank you for staying with us and giving us your feed back.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the SpringHill Suites overnight last weekend, March 9. It was clean, had a very nice breakfast, check in was very relaxed, and the sitting area was nice to sit and chill and watch a movie. Totally enjoyed our evening get away.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 20, 2012

My daughter and I decided to stay here instead of Omaha; since I work for the government in Iowa, I was able to get the government rate. The room has a cupboard with glasses and a countertop with a coffee maker, plus a fridge underneath it. I really wish it would have had a freezer, too, as I am recovering from a total knee replacement and really needed to freeze my ice packs. Trying to keep them frozen in an ice cooler doesn't work. I was in a lot of pain through the night and had to have my daughter go get ice from the machine, that started leaking out of the ice bag when it melted. There is a nice sitting area with a couch and a desk. The flat screen tv can be turned so you can view it from either the bed or the couch. The sink is outside of the bathroom, which I find a little gross. I don't like not washing my hands before touching the door handle. The bed is definitely the smallest king bed I have ever seen. I had read it in other reviews, but thought perhaps they were mistaken. My daughter and I had to share this bed and I am thankful we are not bigger as our bodies would have been touching! There is a mirror directly across from the bed, so it was a little discerning to look up and see yourself when you aren't expecting it! We did use the pool and hot tub and they were amazing! The pool water was warm and the hot tub was relaxing! I would have given this a 5 star rating if not for the small bed. We didn't eat breakfast there so I cannot comment on that.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor away from the ice machine
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Alicia S, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Omaha East/Council Bluffs, IA, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Hello kapmom44,

We are very happy that you and your daughter stayed with us while in the area and enjoyed it!

It is our guest insight that make us who we are! We value you as our guest and look forward to your next visit

Reviewed November 17, 2012

Nice hotel and nice people. The free shuttle to casinos and Famous Daves complimentary snacks were great. The room was large and very clean. Nice indoor pool too. We would definitely stay here again when visiting Council Bluffs and Omaha. Our luck at the casino is a different story ...

• Stayed: October 2012
Alicia S, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Omaha East/Council Bluffs, IA, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to leave a review for all others to see. We are very happy to hear that you not only enjoyed our hotel but the area as well. We look forward to having you as our guest again.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We were in Fremont, Ne. with my brother in-law and sister in-law for my sons football game Midland U vs Briar Cliff and we decided from there we would spend the night in Council Bluffs, Ia and do a little gambling. I have stayed at SpringHill Suites before and i new it was a very nice facility and it is only a few blocks from the casino. The best bang for your buck in my mind clean, safe, and very comfortable.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Alicia S, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Omaha East/Council Bluffs, IA, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

We want to thank you for staying with us and writing a review. It is our guest insights who make us what we are! We look forward to having you as our guest again.