I stayed at this hotel for about a week on business. To summarize, I really don't care for this hotel and this would be one of my last choices if I come back to Council Bluffs. In the interests of fairness, there are some things that this hotel does right, it's just that there are many more significant ones that are bad.
1. The staff is very friendly and seem competent.
2. The internet access is fantastic. One of the best for a hotel that I have seen. I had no problem getting things done. I just ran a speed test and got 3.2 Mb/s down and 4.6 Mb/s(!!) up.
Now, the bad:
1. There is no way to block the light in this room. That also means almost no privacy. You can block the window with one very sheer drape that is easy to see through. Sleeping every night with the lights from the parking lot in my eyes was not any fun. Also, there was no privacy. I felt like I had to be fully dressed the whole time because it seemed like people could see in pretty trivially. I've never seen a hotel with windows you can't cover well before. Crazy!
2. The sound proofing in the room is very poor. I regularly heard my neighbors.
3. The shower area was TINY. I'm a fairly broad shouldered guy but I'm not a giant and I could just barely stand facing the showerhead. My shoulders would rub the sides of the shower. I've stayed in a lot of hotels in a lot of places and never had a shower stall that small.
4. The bed was not very comfortable. It might be ok if you like a really firm mattress, but to me it felt like sleeping on a board.
5. AC is provided by a wall-unit. That sucker is loud and the temperature is not evenly distributed through the room. Bed was probably 5 degrees cooler than the desk.
6. For one day there was this really annoying dripping noise coming from the air conditioning vent in the bathroom.
7. You can see bugs in the lights in the bathroom! The bathroom has an enclosed light fixture and I could see bugs crawling around in it!! Gross!
8. The gym is quite poor. A rack of free weights and a few cardio machines.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the SpringHill Suites difference. It's a place that will soothe your senses, a place where spacious suites and inspiring design will help you leave feeling more refreshed than when you arrived. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your SpringHill Suites Omaha East/Council Bluffs, IA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Council Bluffs Hotel Council Bluffs
- Council Bluffs Springhill Suites