“Wonderful!!”

La Carreta Rosa
Ranked #42 of 172 Restaurants in Council Bluffs
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed October 26, 2015 via mobile

This is indeed a hidden gem over in Council Bluffs IA. The food is wonderful and always prepared fresh. Roberto is a most gracious host and knowledgable about the different dishes. The Chicken Tortilla Soup is authentic and the best by far of any area Mexican Restaurants, outside of Mexico!! The Three Taco Yucatan are our favorite!
Go try it out, you won't be disappointed!!

Date of visit: October 2015
1  Thank MaryNDaveP
Write a reviewReviews (16)

Reviewed September 25, 2015

Some of the best food I've had in Council Bluffs this is I give it 5 stars just very tasty made my mouth water iron highly recommend stopping in and having a bite to eat this wonderful excellent customer service with wonderful smiles and great personalities

Date of visit: September 2015
Reviewed June 19, 2015

This is really off the beaten path, but in a small town there really is no path. Compared to Mexican foods down south as well as in Mexico, they do a very good job of creating authentic dishes.

Fresh chips and salsa come to your table while you decide what to eat. The salsa is not very spicy hot, but it is good nevertheless. The chips were very thin and too greasy for us, but we were hungry and they were free.

You can even get authentic Mexican beverages like horchata and various bottle soda drinks. Tortillas can be flour or corn, but why bother with anything except corn?

The fajita dish was good, as was the carnitas. I liked the variety on the plate, and I could mix and match to fill the tortilla to my liking.

Definitely would recommend this eatery.. Quaint and rather quick service.

Date of visit: October 2014
Reviewed May 23, 2015 via mobile

LA carreta Rosa is the BEST Mexican restaurant we have been to in Council Bluffs! The food is delicious and the portions are big! I think la carreta Rosa is better than la casa in Council bluffs! Dinner for 2 of us was under 25.00! Its just one of those hole in the wall places!!! If you want great Mexican food at a good price you should check la carreta Rosa out!!

Reviewed May 18, 2015 via mobile

I I came in for dinner when in Council Bluffs for work. I was the only customer and the man behind the counter was very nice. I ordered the Chile relleno and a Yucatan taco. The relleno was enormous. Unfortunately the breading wasn't at all crispy. Given that my food arrived within about 6 minutes of ordering I think it must have been pre-prepared and then reheated. The cheese inside was a large thick slice- not very appetizing. They had removed all the seeds which was good. The red sauce had very little flavor. The Yucatan taco was also a disappointment. Not much flavor and the chicken was not moist. Maybe I ordered the wrong items but I doubt I'll be back.