“Pretty good for breakfast”
Review of Village Inn

Village Inn
Ranked #68 of 147 Restaurants in Council Bluffs
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

We had breakfast here and I had the five cheese omelet. I was a little afraid it would be too rich but it was actually pretty darn good. It also comes with bacon inside, yummy. The wait staff was friendly a d attentive. The price was also good. The restaurant is an easy off and on I-80.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

While on a road trip my friend and I stopped at Village Inn for a hearty breakfast. I had an omelet with hash browns and toast. My coffee cup was kept full. The meal was prepared nicely and served warm. The price was $8.67. The server, named Mandy, was gracious and took our order promptly.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

We eat here often because it has something for everyone and is only 5 minutes from the house. I like the breakfast items the most and will often order a skillet which is eggs, potatoes and different toppings depending which one you get. Their pancakes are very good also. Breakfast is served all day. Fish and chips are a favorite of my teenage son and if I'm not in the mood for breakfast they have a great club sandwich. Prices are average and service is very good in my opinion. I enjoy their pie as well although I have to wonder about their claim of best pie in America. I've had better. Convenient location off I-80 at Exit 5 Madison Ave. If you are heading east toward Des Moines this is your last chance for anything but truck stops and fast food if you want to stay close to the interstate. Open late Friday and Saturday nights.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

This place is too convenient! We eat there more than we should being that the food is so average and prices are fair for what you get. Who knows who cooks for them.....I think the cooking staff changes quite a bit at the different locations...and I have eaten at most all of them....

Reviewed August 15, 2012

Sometimes you just want that breakfast late in the day. The restaurant is well maintained and offers a varied menu. The wait staff is friendly and accomodating.