“Laid back”

Ranked #124 of 172 Restaurants in Council Bluffs
Description: Full Serve Restaurant
Description: Full Serve Restaurant
Reviewed March 13, 2017 via mobile

Our family ate breakfast here. The staff was very "Iowa" friendly. The hubs and I had breakfast and our son had a burger. Average price and good food. We'd come back. It's attached to a gas station and that's convenient. They also offer a salad bar.

Date of visit: March 2017
Write a reviewReviews (9)

Reviewed August 15, 2016 via mobile

Came in for a bite to eat. Placed my order and the waitress doesn't listen very well didn't matter how I wanted my food made to the way I like it it's the way they feel like it. The eggs were raw and for fresh pancakes they came out cold and hard like somebody's left overs. 23 years on the road and it's the first time I stop here and will be the last. Don't like arguing with staff on how I eat and how I like my food cooked. The country pride franchise has sure gone down hill. Now I'll avoid all TA travel centres and their restaurants. An hour for them to correct my order. If you're reading this my advice is don't stop here there's plenty other places in the area. I'm however limited with the size of my vehicle.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed January 12, 2016 via mobile

I cook chicken and dumplings on a regular basis. I have never put carrots or peas or celery in my chicken and dumplings. Have no taste at all. Very poor selection on the salad bar. No meat products for your salad lettuce looked frozen hadn't been tend in a minute film over all the dressings. Have no idea what the foreign object is on the napkins. I couldn't even eat it.

Date of visit: January 2016
Reviewed June 22, 2015

Been to other Country Prides pretty much same everywhere. Chopped steak and eggs were good hubby had. I asked for oatmeal which I had in another location. Pretty boring. Served with raisins and cranberries that's it. Requested fruit. Server good and got me some from salad bar so abit better. No brown sugar. Very boring oatmeal compared to Flying J but maybe healthier not sure. Service ok, helpful but I hate people that call everyone "dear and hun" repetitively, drives me nuts lol It was just ok.

Date of visit: June 2015
Reviewed November 6, 2014

truck stop all the way from dirty tables, floors, silverware. to the waitress who smells like she just had her smoke break as well as the dirty smelly customers people around you. they don't have to do anything better b/c most of the time the truckers are just passing through

Date of visit: October 2014