“GO SOMEPLACE ELSE”
Review of Sam's Italian Villa - CLOSED

Sam's Italian Villa
Cuisines: Italian
Description: Family dining, Italian style, Daily specials, Prime rib, Meatloaf, Fish and Seafood
Reviewed July 29, 2012

My husband and I also went there because of the tv ad. Big mistake. Bad atmosphere - small, dark, and dirty. We ordered the special-beef tips. Big mistake. We waited longer than we should have for our food. The tough beef tips were over undercooked rice. I never send food back but, after 3 bites, decided none of the rice was cooked and I would crack a tooth if I ate more. The waitress was good about taking it back (probably use to doing it). We waited some more. The same stuff came back over egg noodles that were nothing special and out of a package. I could have a better meal at home and not had the displeasure of paying for it. We took almost all of the food home in containers and threw it out. We decided it wasn't even worth fixing up. We will not go back. It was the worst food we have ever had. A big mistake.

1  Thank Mary S

Reviewed June 3, 2012

Spit and sawdust type place but friendly staff and food was good.

Reviewed June 1, 2012 via mobile

Came here looking for an experience because of the catchy commercial. Prime Rib was featur and busy. ed as the special it was delish! The rest of thd food not so much! Instant potatoes horrible sauce prepackaged bread. Soup was homemade and good. Overall atmosphere very clustered and busy! Requested a booth got a table. Great Service. Would likely return again.

Reviewed March 30, 2012

Sam's reminds you of the old Cagniglia's on 6th street, but a lot smaller. Food is plentiful and good. Staff is friendly and accomadating. It's not fancy, but it's a nice family type place to have a great dinner or lunch.

1  Thank ebbtidekee
Reviewed December 29, 2010

User Rating: 1 out of 5 stars
by J L 12/22/2010
I had the worst experience, and yes, I am telling everyone I know, and some strangers also. I ordered a new york strip steak, med, and it came to me well done, (I will except a med rare, or med well) it was sent back, and in it's stead came a steak i can only descibe as very rare, that same steak was returned to me, it was still rare, so it was also returned, now the owner got angry, and slammed the steak onto the table,I am saying "no, I will not except this piece of meat returned to me again", the owner then threatened to have me kicked out by the local cops who were sitting near-by. I said , "sir, all I want is a medium cooked steak, if you can tell me that after 3 trips, multiple flips and cuts into this steak that is is a decent piece of meat..." and the owner blew-up, swore at me and threatened me again, like he thought I was pulling something over on him. The waitress looked at all the steaks, I even asked her "what do you think of the done-ness of this steak?" She volunteered to take them all back. And to think we traveled from lincoln to be verbally abused, mistreated, and served ill-cooked steak. my friend was disappointed in the very thin piece meat of his steak sandwich. I would say a no star rating, but it wont let me.
I repeat, EVERYONE I KNOW AND STRANGERS ALSO