“Great Food and Great Value” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating
Council Bluffs, IA.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Food and Great Value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2011

I have been to Bluffs China Buffet several times. Mostly I come for the lunch buffet (Under $8 including drink). I have very few complaints about the food and there is a wide variety. During their recent remodeling, they have added a Mongolian grill.

• Visited September 2011

Omaha, Nebraska
“GREAT FOOD AND PRICES”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2011

GREAT BUFFET! GREAT PRICES...It was only 14 bucks for my fiance and me during lunch hour. The food was great and lots of it. The garlic toast was burnt but I didn't eat it anyway. The hostess was on her cell phone a lot but didn't ignore us at all. She kept offering to refill our drinks and if everything was okay. Very nice lady! The sushi was AMAZING...fresh and soft. Come during lunch hour if you want great prices but dinner hour is good too but really busy. Overall a great experience! I left them a sticky note saying..."Thank you! Great food and people. I will definetely recommend my fiends to come here." There is a variety of food and not all of it is Chinese...some American foods too.

• Visited June 2011
Council Bluffs, Iowa
“don't go unless you want food poisoning from rotten crab legs.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2011

my family took me there for my birthday for crab legs. the meat inside was either green or black. the white meat had no flavor except horrible. when we told someone that they should check the crab legs because they were rotten, she said they would have someone check them. they never did. when they put more out, they were rotten too. the rest of the food tasted terrible as well. when we told the lady at the front she said all she could do is give us a dollar off each meal. none of us ate hardly anything. my sis and i got food poisoning from the food. we will never go there again. that ruined my birthday. the cost wasn't bad but for the quality of the food it was way too much.

• Visited August 2011
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Council Bluffs
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Go here if you want to pay for hair in your food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2008

Last night my daughter and I went to eat at Bluffs China Buffet which is where we would usually go if we want to eat Chinese food. The experience started off bad and got a whole lot worse. First, I went to get our food and came back and my daughter's lemonade was sitting on the table but not the Sierra mist I ordered. I finally after five minutes got an employee over to my table and requested my drink. At first the employee told me to hold on and started to walk away , then she came back and told me that the machine was broken and I would have to pick another drink. So, I picked another drink and started to eat my food. I had eaten about a quarter of the food on my plate when I saw a little black hair in the rice. I again had to wait at least five minutes for an employee. I advised her that there was hair in my food. She took my plate up to the front of the restaurant and came back and told me that it was a little hair and they would pick it out of my food. I told her absolutely not and that I was done eating. The employee told me that she would take three dollars off. I told the employee that I was not going to pay for hair in my food and I was leaving. The employee then repeatedly offered to take three dollars off. I again told the employee that I was not paying for food with hair in it. The employee went and got the manager. I explained to the manager that I had hair in my food and that I was not paying. The manager got very upset and told me that I would give her some money. I told her no I would not and then she proceeded to tell me that she didn't know if that was my hair. Of course it wasn't my hair, I have long brown hair not short black hair. Finally, I got so frustrated that I paid for our three fourths full drinks and left. I used to recommend this place to other people but after my experience I will never ever go there again. Who offers to pick a piece of hair out of our food and give it back??? GROSS I guess Bluffs China Buffet...

1 Thank CBIowagirl