“Best food on either side of the river.”
Review of Dixie Quicks

Dixie Quicks
Reserve with OpenTable
Dixie Quicks is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

Eat here. Must have tortilla soup and French toast. We had 5 dishes and 1 dessert. Loved them all. Wish there were a Dixie Quicks near me! Very nice atmosphere and great variety of food. Breakfast, vegetarian, meatatarian, kids.

1  Thank Jenay H
There are newer reviews for Dixie Quicks

Reviewed June 18, 2013

I wasn't too thrilled with this restaurant the last time I went in. My partner and I went there on my birthday weekend for brunch because we LOVED Dixie Quicks when it was located on Leavenworth in Omaha and wanted to visit the new location in CB.

Our waiter was lousy. I was pretty much sucking ice throughout my meal because he did not drop by and ask if we wanted more to drink. He took care of his friends who were sitting a the table right next to us and only dropped by to take our order, drop off the meals and drop off the check. He didn't even bother asking us how we enjoyed everything or stopped by to assure everything was going well. I could maybe see the inattentiveness occurring if the restaurant was packed, but it was surprisingly manageable for a Saturday morning. The host did not look too thrilled to see us either.

The only saving grace of the trip was the food .There is no denying that this restaurant has the best brunch in the metro area! Reasonably priced, well presented and absolutely delicious. Try the Breakfast Quesadilla or Sexual Chocolate French Toast if you do stop by. Their food was even featured on Food Network, it's that good.

Overall, try it out for yourself. The restaurant is gorgeous and provides a great atmosphere for hanging with a small group of friends and going out with your loved one. Just remember to call in and make a reservation, or check to see what the flow is like for that day. Their hours are limited and their brunch is usually always packed. It wouldn't hurt to read the rules on their website ahead of time as well. Despite this one experience, I do see myself coming back to this place in the near future.

1  Thank Brandon C
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Get there early, because the scene fills up quickly, indeed. Best breakfast in the territory, and whether it is the optics of the stacked French toast, or the succulent colors of the chile sauces, or the adjoining art gallery (where the rest rooms are) or the staff-with-attitude, or the contrast with the gritty railyard that is Council Bluffs, or maybe just the very thoughtfully composed dishes, this place is a genuine winner. Too often one slumps away from the brunch table regretting the last few bites, overstuffed, guilty .... not here, where the dishes manage to be rich in flavor without making you discreetly loosen the belt. We might not go back to Omaha just for this, but if we are ever there again, Dixie Quicks will be first on the to-do list.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

This is the first time I have been to the new location and as much as I didn't like them leaving Omaha it is a much better spot. Seating is nicer and service is still just as good. The food was still wonderful, the salad is a little light could use to be tossed in the dressing instead of the super light amount of dressing provided.
Still one of the best restaurants in town without a doubt.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

A friend and I ate at Dixie Quicks in Council Bluffs. I never have eaten there before. My friend has and so have several of her friends. I had a grilled chicken salad with a slice of corn bread. My friend had a roast beef sandwich with a side vegetable. Both entrees were ample and very well prepared.